Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Mini pill - didn't know where to put this

(9 Posts)
Babyiwantabump Fri 14-Apr-17 23:00:15

Started the mini pill just over a week ago and my god it is turning me into a hormonal bat shit crazy lady .

Won't need it for contraception as I would rather stick a fork in my eye than let DH near me at the moment as he seems to rub me up the wrong way about everything! And he hasn't even done anything wrong!

I don't feel like myself - I'm irrational and angry all the time!

I hate it .

Did this happen to anyone else ?

Can I just stop taking it and be normal again?
It's really making me miserable

elvisola Fri 14-Apr-17 23:04:16

Me. I've just stopped taking it after a couple of months, I just can't take it anymore.

The implant did the same to me as well, must have similar ingredients.

elvisola Fri 14-Apr-17 23:05:42

Meant to say, I stopped taking it on Monday, Tuesday I was a blithering wreck of hormonal mess, Wednesday back to my normal self.

Today it's like a horrid distant memory (but I'm without contraception!)

Babyiwantabump Fri 14-Apr-17 23:06:20

Do you feel back to normal already?

And it's so good to hear I'm not the only one - not that it's good that it made you feel like that too - but I just can't believe how it's made me act in just over a week!

Babyiwantabump Fri 14-Apr-17 23:07:26

To be honest I'd rather risk withdrawal method than feel like this !

IvorHughJarrs Fri 14-Apr-17 23:11:39

The mini-pill is evil!

I went from a size 12 to an 18 in 3 months, GP kept telling me I must be eating more but I knew I wasn't. Stopped taking it and weight came straight off!

elvisola Fri 14-Apr-17 23:12:14

Yes back to normal within 3 days of stopping. It was horrid, my mood flipped within days of starting it but was quite subtle at first so I didn't notice.

I have raged at my husband for no reason, everything he did grated on my nerves, I moaned at him constantly. I had terrible road rage and was very short fused with my children.

The gp told me it may alter my mood but to persevere for 3 months, however I would have been divorced within that 3 months had I carried on taking it!

Babyiwantabump Fri 14-Apr-17 23:15:40

Your situation sounds like me exactly elvisola!

It's like a switch was flicked somewhere that told me that OH=bad .

It was his birthday the other day and I was horrible to him!

I feel so guilty but he understands it's the pill that's done it too .

Yep GP said "mood swings" not constant bitch headidness!

expatinscotland Fri 14-Apr-17 23:17:02

Yep! Happened to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now