Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Coming off cerezette

(8 Posts)
toxitears181 Thu 06-Apr-17 07:25:41

Hi everyone I am new to this so bare with me and also I'm not sure I've put this post in the right department, anyway I have come off cerezette yesterday, any body share there experiences ? Also how long would it be until I get my regular periods back thanks everyone grin

Springersprung Mon 10-Apr-17 21:35:13

Hi, I came off cerazette at the end of October last year. I had a withdrawl bleed approx. 2 weeks later, which lasted 3 days. About a month after that, I experienced pregnancy symptoms such as sore breasts and excessive peeing, but I was not actually pregnant. I didn't get another bleed until nearly the end of January. I was just working up to going to the docs for advice, and had just started taking pregnacare folic acid tablets, as had heard periods not returning could be down to mineral imbalances (may have just been a coincidence).

Once they started again properly, my cycle appears to have been fairly regular, although I've only actually had 2 proper cycles before becoming pregnant!

I do feel slightly peeved that the doctors don't make more of warning women about how long things can take to get back to normal. It wasn't really that long for me in the end, but felt like it when we were wanting to try for a baby, especially given that I'm not as young as I thought I might be when we started trying.

That's probably far more info than you needed/wanted, but I was frustrated by lack of anyone who seemed to have experienced the same. Bear in mind that this is just my experience (I had been on some sort of pill for 12 years) - I know there are plenty of people who come off cerazette and settle back into the swing of things very quickly.

SheepyFun Mon 10-Apr-17 22:02:15

I had pregnancy symptoms about 10 days - 2 weeks after stopping (tender breasts especially), but no bleeding for 3-4 weeks. It was then a long wait (7 weeks as I recall) to the next bleed (?period). After that they settled back to normal, a 28-30 day cycle. It took 16 months to get pregnant, though that could be due to many other things; I never had tests beyond checking I was ovulating (I was). I had been told it would be 2-3 months to return to normal fertility at the family planning clinic one time, so it wasn't too much of a surprise.

TriJo Tue 11-Apr-17 09:29:18

"I know there are plenty of people who come off cerazette and settle back into the swing of things very quickly." - I'm one. I came off Cerazette in early December due to the effect it was having on my mental health... we conceived on Christmas Day but miscarried at around five and a half weeks along.

Expecting2017 Tue 11-Apr-17 09:33:24

I conceived on the pill, (not cerazette though!) I think everyone is different tbh x

toxitears181 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:32:35

I have been off it since last week and have had heavy bleeding I started the bleeding yesterday so I'm praying this is a sign of my periods returning grin anyone else had this? Xxxx

user1483387154 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:34:19

I got pregnant within 3 days of coming off cerazette. Obviously no period within that time.

mummy80317 Thu 20-Apr-17 14:58:11

I got pregnant while on cerezette, I will be choosing a different form of contraception when I have my postnatal check up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now