Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Seriously struggling

(4 Posts)
motheralmighty1 Wed 29-Mar-17 11:13:46

A few months ago I had an abortion. Whilst I know it was the best thing to do it's not what I wanted and I was heavily influenced by my boyfriend. I think about it everyday. I struggle with depression and he recently ended our relationship and cut me off. I feel like everything was a lie and everything he said to me. And I feel like I let my baby down. I feel so much grief I don't know what to do. I'm in so much pain. I hate myself. I feel sick.

Beijingyouth Wed 29-Mar-17 15:18:43

I'm so sorry to hear that. What a tough situation. Well done for you to look for help, you need a hand hold right now. Do you have anyone IRL to talk to? You must be full of sad feelings and they need to be expressed. Please look after yourself. Sending hugs.

motheralmighty1 Thu 30-Mar-17 10:10:06

Thankyou love. I have my mum to talk to but she works a lot. I'm going out with my friends on Saturday so hopefully then I'll feel better. I just feel like I'm falling apart!

Beijingyouth Thu 30-Mar-17 11:34:38

I'm glad to hear you've got someone to talk. I'm not surprised you feel like falling apart, you've been through a lot. Don't blame yourself about "having let down your baby". You really haven't. It wasn't meant to be and your ex could have supported you but he chose not to step up.

Hope you have a great time on Saturday, and be careful not to go too crazy now, you sound like you're not in the right frame of mind...better to get your mind on an even keel and keep looking after yourself and don't put yourself in situations that might create more sadness and anger for you now. Not that you would, but as I don't know you, there might be a slim chance...I'm thinking fresh air, time to rest and letting it all out might be good for you now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now