Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Anxious for tomorrow

(4 Posts)
Looiloo79 Sun 26-Mar-17 18:47:21

Tomorrow I'm booked in for termination of an unwanted pregnancy. My anxiety is through the roof. The nausea and dizziness is horrendous.

I know I'm making the right decision for my family but I have a huge feeling of sadness and guilt for the little bean trying to grow inside me! Is this normal?

I feel sad that I conceived naturally without trying yet there are women out there who struggle and I'm deciding I don't want this!

I'm so scared for tomorrow and what I will experience but all I've wanted since finding out my m pregnant is for my period to come - is that bad ?

Jackeve Sun 26-Mar-17 19:09:26

i understand how you feel as I felt exactly the same and it is totally normal.

I had a surgical abortion four weeks ago (I was 13 weeks pregnant) and just prayed that I would miscarry so the decision would be taken out of my hands. The procedure itself was fine and pain free (I had conscious sedation) and I felt such relief after but did feel so upset for days later and still have the odd 'what if' teary moment. I think a lot of those emotions were guilt and hormones settling. I know though that my decision was totally the right one for my family and my situation.
Be kind to yourself hun and good luck for tomorrow xx

Looiloo79 Sun 26-Mar-17 19:31:32

I can't wait to be rid of these awful hormones. I hate this feeling of being pregnant. Hate the emotions. And really don't want to continue feeling like this for much longer.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad it wasn't too horrendous for you. I'm dreading it. X

motheralmighty1 Tue 28-Mar-17 17:30:56

Hi Hun what you're feeling is normal. I did go through the termination but it wasn't what I wanted and the guilt and pain eats me alive. Make sure you're sure.

Do not feel guilty this isn't the right time for you and wasn't to be x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now