Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Advice seriously needed :(

(3 Posts)
user1490271758 Thu 23-Mar-17 13:01:24

I am 23 and found out a few days ago that I am about 4 weeks pregnant. I have struggled unbelievably about what I should do as I don't feel ready to have a baby at all and financially it would be a real struggle.
I have a lot of support but this doesn't seem to be much help at the moment sad
As much as I don't want to be a parent yet the thought of abortion is absolutely killing me and I haven't stopped crying for days as I feel this is such an impossible decision to make and I am dreading how I will feel afterwards.
I don't know what to do at all and just need a little advice and support and to know I'm not totally crazy and it's normal to feel this way!
Thank you

AltheaThoon Sun 16-Apr-17 13:19:36

You're not totally crazy and what you're feeling is normal. An unplanned and unwanted pregnancy is a terrible shock. It's okay to not have a baby now. We're taught from a young age that abortion is a moral issue but it shouldn't be. It should be about you and nothing else at the moment.

I think you need to speak to a counsellor who is trained in this area. Marie Stopes? They might be able to help you work out what you want and what's best for you.

Hormones to not aid decision making and unfortunately at the moment your hormones are going crazy!

Good luck flowers

Sewingbeatshousework Sun 16-Apr-17 13:24:16

No advice really sorry as it's only a decision you can make, I was in a similar position at 31, it's not a decision to be taken lightly at any age, luckily you've found out early so you have a bit of time to think things through. Sending 💐

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now