Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Miscarriage and/or abortion

(3 Posts)
SlightlyConfused0 Tue 21-Feb-17 15:57:26

Hi,

Looking for some help, I am pregnant after failed contraception (coil) and we have decided to terminate. We had our scan on the 15th which shown me as 7 weeks 1 days pregnant. Today i've had a bright red streak in the toilet, bad back ache and pretty sure i'm miscarrying. Although not in any pain really - slight dull ache nothing more.

I'm booked in for a surgical abortion on Friday, do I still need to go? not really sure what to do or who to contact!

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Tue 21-Feb-17 16:07:07

You could ring the clinic and ask. Have you contacted your gp/epu? They may give you a scan to check if there's a heartbeat. They would be able to see if you are miscarrying.

SlightlyConfused0 Tue 21-Feb-17 16:08:13

I wasn't referred by my GP, I contacted a family planning clinic myself but they're shut and appointment only. I had to wait 2 weeks for that appointment, my abortion is Friday but don't want to go and waste their time if I've already miscarried. It seems to be slowing down, not really passed anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now