Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Extreme anxiety 3 weeks after

(2 Posts)
sounsure27 Mon 13-Feb-17 16:55:00

I had a surgical abortion 3 weeks ago. I had a hard time coming to the decision to do it but at the time I figured it was the right decision. Straight after I felt nothing but relief, I was sad I had to do it but it was done and I could move on. 2 weeks later and I started getting anxiety and trouble sleeping and now every day I wake up I feel unbelievably anxious, upset and angry. It just seems to be getting worse. The thing is I still feel I made the right decision no matter how upset I am that it happened. Anyone know what's going on? Is it hormones?!

capercaillie Mon 13-Feb-17 17:49:04

Your hormones do take awhile to adjust afterwards. I had a surgical abortion last year. I didn't have any doubt about the decision and felt relief afterwards. But in teh weeks that followed I did also have some regret and a 'what if' feeling. 2-3 months on and that's completely gone. I don't think about it as much and am still completely confident that it was teh right decision. Be kind to yourself - it's still early days. Or maybe think about accessing some counselling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now