Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Same day medical abortion questions

(2 Posts)
L1021 Sun 05-Feb-17 22:31:06

Hello I'm booked in for same day treatment at a bpas clinic this Thursday. I have already spoken to a lovely lady on the telephone who asked me a few questions about height/weight/date of last period etc.. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me how long I would be at the clinic. My appointment is at 9.45, I asked the lady on the phone and she advised me she couldn't give me a time scale. I have searched the Internet but I can't seem to find anyone that's had a same day treatment, all I have read is people have to go back for a second appointment which was explained to me that I wouldn't, it would all be done on the day. If anyone has had a medial abortion as a same day treatment please could you advise me of the process? I am getting anxious about how long I will be there as I have two children that need collecting from school and i haven't told anyone abouy the pregnancy. Thank you

MrsNutella Tue 07-Feb-17 19:12:14

Do you mean a surgical termination?
If it is then it depends on what sort of sedative they use and also what medication they need to give you pre op.

Can you ring them back and ask more questions about what is going to happen and how it will happen.
Do you have someone to drive you home? Do you have any other issues that need to be sorted out that day?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now