Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

New type of coil- any experiences?

(4 Posts)
BlueberryMarshmallow Wed 18-Jan-17 10:32:50

The pill doesn't agree with me and so I booked an appointment at the women's clinic of my doctors to discuss an appointment for the coil.

I have done my research and read the horror stories as I haven't had children I'm expecting it to hurt quite a bit during/immediately after fitting and have read the pros/cons of the mirena and copper.

The doctor then said that there was a new one designed specifically for women that haven't had children that is a lot smaller and easier to fit. It is hormonal but you would still have periods whereas with mirena it's unlikely.

Has anyone had this fitted? I'm going to have the mirena but if any problems inserting switch to the new one but as it's new I can't find any information online (forgetting it's proper name doesn't help!)

Thanks in advance smile

dementedpixie Wed 18-Jan-17 10:34:09

Is it Jaydess?

BlueberryMarshmallow Wed 18-Jan-17 10:35:35

Ahh yes I think that's the one!

BlueberryMarshmallow Wed 18-Jan-17 10:37:49

You are a star! I have put that in the search and found a load of information to read now- thankyou smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now