Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

ONS, think I might be pregnant

(5 Posts)
needanamechangeforthis Thu 05-Jan-17 21:54:51

I've been really stupid. I've had a one night stand and I think I'm pregnant, I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow (negative stick test but I'm showing all the signs) After two years of TTC in a previous relationship with no success I didn't think the morning after pill was necessary blush

I know I should cross one bridge at a time, but if I am pregnant, I'm pretty sure I will terminate, for many reasons. But do I tell the guy? We didn't swap numbers, but I know his last name and he lives nearby so could contact him.

Just freaking out sad

pinklips Fri 06-Jan-17 15:05:27

How did your appointment go?

Gallavich Fri 06-Jan-17 15:07:21

Hey
If you terminate you have absolutely no duty moral or otherwise to tell the man.

WriterNeedsHelp2017 Fri 06-Jan-17 15:11:01

I think you should only tell him if you continue with the pregnancy. But what were you doing having a ONS without a condom, OP? You could have caught something really nasty.

Emmageddon Fri 06-Jan-17 15:12:23

Find out if you are actually pregnant before freaking out. You could just be due to start your period, or it could be anxiety that is causing your body to mimic the signs of early pregnancy. An STD test might be an idea as well, unprotected sex with strangers and all that.

If you are pregnant and intending to end the pregnancy, then is it really worth informing the man concerned? He may really want a child, and coerce you into proceeding with an unwanted pregnancy. He may be dismayed and disturbed that you are going to terminate. On the other hand, he may well be delighted and relieved and it might just prompt him to use a condom the next time he has a one night stand!!

If you plan on keeping the baby, then that would be different, but that's just my personal opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now