Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Just need a hand hold

(8 Posts)
artlessflirt Fri 14-Oct-16 10:06:16

I found out yesterday I am pregnant. I had my DD in November 2015, had a very traumatic birth ending in an EMCS under general anaesthetic. Following that, I've suffered quite badly with PND. We are almost a year on and I'm just getting my life back on track; I've got a good job, DD is settled in at nursery, thriving and sleeping through. Life is good.

This pregnancy is unexpected. It was a huge shock. But I know in my heart of hearts that this is not what I want. I have already booked myself in at NUPAS for a consultation and a scan, and I am 100% sure that I will go through with it.

It just doesn't feel good. It feels shitty. I am terrified of having the scan, terrified of going through it all, just generally terrified. I really just need a hand hold and a cuddle.

Richtea83 Fri 14-Oct-16 10:57:47

I'm going through similar with unplanned 4th DC. I agree it does feel really shitty. You sound like you have clear reasons though, as do I, I just keep thinking I'm doing this for my existing children and their wellbeing.

I hope your appointment goes okay, mine is on Wednesday although I won't get treated the same day. I'm dreading having to wait much longer sad

Richtea83 Fri 14-Oct-16 11:00:24

I read this article yesterday and it made me feel a little better:

m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5498043

artlessflirt Fri 14-Oct-16 11:15:44

That's a really good article. Thanks Richtea.

Sorry to hear you are going through the same. I'm not sure if I will receive any treatment on Wednesday either, beyond a consultation and a scan. I would prefer it if it could be done in one fell swoop, but I know that's not always the case.

I'm afraid of the scan. I'm hoping they don't show me anything. I know, logically, there will be not a lot to see. But with DD the scan was a great source of anxiety for the opposite reason - I wanted to know the baby was healthy, etc. Now I don't even want to see it or acknowledge it.

If it were anyone else I know what I would say - don't feel guilty, you're doing it for the right reasons, etc, etc. But I just can't put that into my own head.

Richtea83 Fri 14-Oct-16 11:44:09

I understand, despite the fact my reasons I think are totally valid I still feel guilt and probably always will but in the end I think the relief will outweigh the guilt.

I really don't think they will show you the scan unless you ask to see, I feel nervous about that too, afraid I'll feel something if I see it.

Do you know how far along you are? I'm just coming up to five weeks. just feel so pregnant I can't ignore it, longing to feel normal again.

artlessflirt Fri 14-Oct-16 12:23:41

I'm unsure how far along I am. I don't think I can be any more than 6 weeks.

I'd imagine they don't let you see, or will at least ask you in regards to the scan.

I can't say I 'feel' pregnant. I was convinced I wasn't. I was actually worried I wasn't ovulating as my cycles have been getting longer and longer. But knowing makes all the different I think, this morning I was wondering if I felt sick because of morning sickness or just because I was tired. In reality it's probably be nothing, but every little thing is relating back.

I just want it to go away.

Richtea83 Fri 14-Oct-16 12:45:20

I feel the same. I hope everything goes okay for you and you find peace with your descision flowers

artlessflirt Fri 14-Oct-16 12:50:16

You too.

I've actually just started bleeding lightly, so I'm not sure what's going on right now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now