Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

So confused/worried

(1 Post)
annalisa83 Sun 22-May-16 10:22:14

I was due on 15th May. Before that, on the 11th May I had some spotting. My husband and had sex a few times, but we were using condoms.
As I thought I would come on on 15th, we had full sex with no protection. Now I'm 7 days late but I have 6 negative pregnancy tests.
I'm confused to what's happening, as if I was due on the 15th (I'm normally 32 days and this was the 32nd day) it would be a low chance of conception. I'm wondering if the spotting I had on the 11th was implantation? But if so, why am I still testing negative?
Anyway, I'm not in the best place to have another baby. I/we have debts and I work part time, so I can't afford to not work at the moment, as I'm in an IVA and I've already deferred 3 times throughout my last pregnancy and maternity leave. My husband, although he earns a good wage, has two children from a previous marriage, so we are both on the same page that this isn't a good time for a 4th child.
I've booked an appointment on Wednesday to see the doctor to discuss what to do, and obviously test again as I feel like I'm probably pregnant, but without a positive test I can't move forward.
Is it worth going to the family planning clinic on Tuesday to see? Will they be able to issue a medical termination if that is the case?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now