Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Is abortion the best option in this case?

(6 Posts)
NPash17 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:26:30

I'm 16. I don't know who the dad is. I also have drank and smoked pot during this pregnancy and I have issues basically with stuff like weight and trying to restore weight. I was diagnosed with anorexia last year and I am trying but I feel like this will definitely set me back. And also like at home it's not good. My mom was diagnosed schizophrenia and doesn't regularly take her meds and my father is really rash. Like he provides for the family and shit but he's like really controlling and has a temper and shit. And I am scared to tell either of them. I do feel it's too big of a mess. My issue is if I'm too far along to get one. I haven't had my period since new year's eve. I thought I idn't have it for other reasons I sometimes don't have my period but I took a test and it showed positive. I've taken actually several over a two week period. What can I do if I can't get an abortion? Also I've gained 10 lbs. But I don't necessarily look pregnant I don't think? Adivce?

SweetieDrops Tue 29-Mar-16 19:28:01

See your doctor urgently and get referred for a dating scan.

WellErrr Tue 29-Mar-16 19:37:13

Yes, you need to see your doctor ASAP.

AnotherEmma Tue 29-Mar-16 19:45:50

The legal limit for an abortion is 24 weeks. So if you had your last period on NYE, you are probably around 13 weeks pregnant. This means you definitely still have time to get an abortion.

As the others have said, you can go and see your GP and ask for a referral, or there are a few other options if you prefer - click this link for more info:
www.nhs.uk/Livewell/Sexualhealth/Pages/Abortionyouroptions.aspx

donajimena Tue 29-Mar-16 19:48:20

I agree with the others. Its best you speak to a professional.

AnotherEmma Tue 29-Mar-16 19:55:35

I also wanted to say I'm sorry that your family situation is difficult, it sounds like you have a lot to deal with. It would be good if you had someone supportive to talk to, and I suggest you talk to Brook - they offer support for young people via text and web chat, and they might also have a centre near you: www.brook.org.uk/our-services/category/ask-brook

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now