Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Think I could be pregnant, feeling upset

(21 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 07:59:52

It dawned on me last night that my period is a week late, I don't normally keep track because I don't normally have sex!
Me and my male best friend slept together at the end of February which was a bit of a shock as I thought he was gay and so did he.

I have a copper coil fitted, checked regularly that it's in place and we didn't use anything else. No risk of STDs from either side so wasn't a worry.

I've had my coil in since September and this is the first time I've had sex since and I'm terrified I am pregnant.

My stomach feels so bloated and strange. Having some pains in my stomach too and mild period pains but it doesn't seem to be coming.

I have been feeling absolutely exhausted the past few days and have a headache which is how I normally feel when my period is due but still no period.

I'm really fed up and scared.
I've been really desperate for another baby but knew realistically it'd be in another 3-4 years anyway. But now I might be pregnant I'm gutted, I have university and if I'm honest I don't want a baby with him, not because he wouldn't be a good dad, just because we aren't in a relationship and it's just the completely wrong time.

Handholding would be appreciated.
Ordered some tests to come tomorrow.

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 08:31:15

Feeling really hot all the time to

I haven't told anyone in RL yet, but will if the test is positive. Feeling really worried and alone at the minute

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 09:10:48

Bump

ThedementedPenguin Sat 19-Mar-16 09:32:39

It definitely is possible. I felt similar when I was pregnant with my first. Wasn't planned and kept getting mild period pains so thought it was coming but it didn't.

When are you able to test?

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 09:50:33

I'm gutted, especially as it was the first time in a very long time and I've got a coil fitted!

Going to test tomorrow as soon as the tests come cause I won't be able to wait any longer.

Thank you for your reply, it's nice to just tell someone even if I don't know you!

ThedementedPenguin Sat 19-Mar-16 16:42:19

Sorry I left my phone at home.

Try not to think too much until you can test then you will have time to figure out what you want to do.

My first I was on the pill, didn't miss a day and wasn't sick but ended up pregnant. I was in a relationship but we were only together for 7 months when I found out. Was not what I had planned or wanted to happen but knew that for me I had only one option. He will be 4 soon and is awesome.

If you want to talk I'm around now for a while, it's not an easy decision to make either way but no judgement from me. You have to do what is right for you.

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 17:38:28

No worries penguin, it's nice just to have told someone.
I think I probably will be as I can really feel my womb, it is weird. When I move I'm just aware it is there all of the time which never happens.

I really don't think I could go through with a termination, it's not something I feel comfortable with really and I already have a son I absolutely adore and would very much know what I was missing if you get me. I feel like there would always be someone missing from my life.

I suppose all I can do is wait!
Been to the toilet and when I wiped it was ever so slightly blood stained but the tiniest bit possible, hoping my period is just late but I think I'm being optimistic there!

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 18:57:45

Bumping for a hand hold

Mammabear31 Sat 19-Mar-16 20:13:53

I'm here professor. How are you feeling at the moment?

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 20:22:25

Thank you Mammabear, I'm not usually a needy MNer but today I am feeling very needy!
I'm feeling quite rubbish and fed up, I feel a bit stuck and scared. If I am pregnant I don't currently want a baby but equally I couldn't terminate the pregnancy either.
I told a friend this evening and she has been good about it, she isn't the type to judge and didn't seem bothered in the slightest, as in no gasping and acting like the world is about to end! She was quite smiley and positive about it

Mammabear31 Sat 19-Mar-16 21:23:04

That's great that you have a good friend to support you. Try not to symptom spot too much; easier said than done I know! Have you got your tests for the morning?

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 21:39:12

They're being delivered tomorrow but not sure what time!
Just been to the toilet and wiped and saw some more mildly bloody discharge, praying it'll be the start of my period.
I wondered if it could be the egg implanting but from what I've googled (always a trustworthy source) that would happen within a week of conception which would be about 2 weeks ago.

Don't know why I'm blabbing on about this stuff, just hoping for the best I suppose!

ProfessorPickles Sat 19-Mar-16 21:46:13

You're definitely right about not looking for symptoms Mamma, I think that the symptoms I'm seeing I probably have with my period anyway but maybe I'm just noticing them because there's a chance where normally it doesn't cross my mind cause I haven't had sex anyway

mellowyellow1 Sun 20-Mar-16 13:24:05

Have you done a test? Try not to panic whatever the outcome nothing is unsolvable.

Pinkheart5915 Sun 20-Mar-16 13:28:34

How did you get on with doing a test?

What ever the test says, everything is able to be sorted out

ProfessorPickles Sun 20-Mar-16 14:02:23

It took me a while to get to sleep last night with worrying but this morning I woke up and there was blood on the sheets! So I'm over the moon to say my period came at last a week late.

It's the first time I have been glad to see blood on white sheets.
It is a massive relief, a baby would have been a nightmare before finishing university and getting a job sorted.

Thank you for being supportive it really has meant a lot, I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders!

mellowyellow1 Sun 20-Mar-16 14:13:42

What a relief! Glad you got the outcome you wanted smile

BertieBotts Sun 20-Mar-16 14:22:17

Ah glad period has turned up. I only just read this thread but would have said don't worry, it's very unlikely you'd be pregnant with a coil in place and that I am the queen of convincing myself I'm pregnant when I am not and the "awareness of womb" thing is likely to be all in your head! I get exactly the same.

ProfessorPickles Sun 20-Mar-16 21:47:01

Thank you Bertie, it has been such a stressful few days. My mind definitely played tricks once I'd realised I was late, at least I'm back to not having sex again and I won't have to worry for a while now grin

Thisismyfirsttime Sun 20-Mar-16 21:53:37

Have a quick test anyway because of your symptoms and if not pregnant and just a period get your coil checked. My friend's coil shifted and was irritating her womb which caused an infection (minor as she got it checked thinking she was pregnant). But it felt a bit different so she told me so perhaps worth getting it looked at?

ProfessorPickles Sun 20-Mar-16 23:26:52

I will test in the morning but thank you for letting me know because it is worth checking incase there is an infection of some sort!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now