Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Just found out, and unsure what to do

(2 Posts)
baby0684 Wed 27-Jan-16 22:12:12

I have 2 children already , I had PND with them both. With the 2nd 1 my daughter was very hands on as I am a single parent. She was only 7 at the time. So alot for her.

I have been single since my last child, and in November/December I was had a bit of a fling with a guy.
Since end December til now, I been in a new relationship.

I think that this pregnancy is from the fling, as was very stupid. Small chance could be relationship, but was very sensible, so more likely the fling.

I dont really know what to do.
Do I keep it and loose the new relationship and struggle along as a single parent again.
Do I have an abortion (which I never thought I would even think of).

Krissy7530 Fri 29-Jan-16 01:12:06

No one can tell you what to do, which I'm sure you already know. You could tell the new relationship person and let or play out (sometimes people will surprise you); you can opt to do a termination in secret (not sure how you want to add that aspect of keeping the secret and dealing with the new relationship), or you can choose to go it alone (which you know what that will already look like). I think these are all complicating issues. The real question is, outside relationships aside, are you financially and emotionally capable of having this baby? Do you want this baby (despite you perhaps being alone in it)? Can you choose either termination or adoption and follow through with either of those decisions? Maybe it would be best to talk to someone you can trust. I hope you find some answers. I'm sorry you are in this difficult situation. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now