Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Can you help me decide please?

(3 Posts)
Littlefrenchmummy Sat 23-Jan-16 12:25:09

Hello,

I have recently found out I was 6 weeks pregnant and sadly have to terminate my pregnancy as it comes at a terrible time for my husband and I.

I am booked to take THE pill on Wednesday but after stupidly reading horror stories on the internet I am a bit worried about this way of termination. I am hesitating to contact them and opt for the local anaesthetic procedure.

This is the first time I have ever had to go through this and would really appreciate some experiences and advice in helping me decide.

Thank you very much for your help.

KittyandTeal Sat 23-Jan-16 12:28:16

I don't have any experience but I think the pill at this gestation will be like a heavy, slightly more painful period.

vixsyn Sat 23-Jan-16 12:46:04

Pregnancy Choices might be helpful for you? They have hundreds of stories submitted by people who have gone through the procedure so it should give you a good deal of information to reflect on.

I've not had a termination myself, but from what I've read on the site I linked, it really varies from person to person. Some people barely notice, others feel a great deal of pain. The best advice I've read is, if you can, walk around a bit if you're aching and drink lots of water. The water part is apparently particularly helpful, helps the process move along and helps to stave off feeling faint - which can of course happen to women during their periods as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now