Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Pregnant or side effects of morning after pill?

(6 Posts)
milo19799 Sat 26-Dec-15 14:18:32

Hi, sorry if I sound completely paranoid but really worrying myself sick here!

On 3rd December I "slept" with a man who I am not in a relationship with. I am not on the pill. I was at the very end of my period so im pretty sure it was only day 5 or 6 of my cycle.

We did not have penetrative sex.

The next day I started to worry though that there could have been some transfer from his hands to me.

I drove my self silly on google about the possibility of pregnancy without actually having sex and although so early in my cycle decided to get the MAP just in case. This was about 2.30pm the next day so within 20 hours. I kept the pill down.

I was not worried until yesterday when I started feeling really nauseous and my breasts have started to feel swollen and sore. My stomach is also a bit upset.

I realise that the odds are very low but I'm so frightened these are early pregnancy symptoms because when I have been pregnant before my earliest signs were nausea and sore boobs!

Is it too late for these to be MAP side effects / pre menstrual symptoms?? I've my dates are right I should be due my period sometime around now.

I am a single mum and the sole provider for my children. I couldn't cope with another pregnancy and I am scared.

Any advice welcome!! Even to tell me I'm being silly. I keep telling myself that I didn't even have sex! Thanks in advance. Xx

mellowyellow1 Sat 26-Dec-15 18:54:41

I would think that you're definitely not pregnant. Especially as you didn't have full intercourse. The likelihood would be a Christmas miracle! You're probably due a period as you say smile

milo19799 Sat 26-Dec-15 19:45:18

Thanks for responding, I really appreciate it. Common sense tells me I'm being silly and worrying for nothing. I keep telling myself it wasn't full intercourse, it was very early in cycle etc and I've taken the MAP to boot!!! I really had forgotten about it but the symptoms I'm feeling now are so much like when I've been pregnant before that my imagination is running away with itself!! confused

Rememberallball Thu 31-Dec-15 11:11:32

MAP can mess with your cycle so you could find af comes early or late or that this cycle is different to usual.

Epilepsyhelp Thu 31-Dec-15 11:15:10

I found that I actually gave myself the feelings of nausea when I felt like my boobs might be sore - sore boobs was period symptom then I inadvertently made myself feel horribly sick from worrying about it! Didn't realise this until the second time it happened (clearly not very good at contraception..) it would be pretty much impossible for you to be pregnant!

milo19799 Thu 31-Dec-15 13:15:56

Af came precisely on time and boy is it letting me know about it! I think the map heightened the usual pms symptoms and because pregnancy would be catastrophic to me at this point in my life and in my current situation I just tied myself in knots worrying over nothing! Agree I've probably made myself feel sick! Lesson well and truly learned and I will be taking a trip to get the implant asap!! Although I'm not in a relationship I just never want to put myself through all that stress again! Thanks for all the advice.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now