Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Thoughts

(1 Post)
AKAmyself Sun 20-Dec-15 09:05:44

I'm coming up to what would have been my due date had my pregnancy earlier this year continued. It was a surprise pregnancy, surprisingly unwanted, and I would have almost certainly terminated it had I not started miscarrying on the day of my appointment.

This board has been a godsend to me on those awful dark days of having to decide what to do. I have since name changed for a number of reasons but my thread is still here. I wanted to come back to tell any of you who may be struggling with similar decisions that there is sadness, there are what ifs, but no regrets. I don't want to think of it as right vs wrong decision but it was certainly not wrong , and I haven't lived in shame ever since. In fact there are entire weeks I just don't think about it... And then flashes of intense sadness at random moments when I am filled with tenderness and longing for what could have been. But none of it is incapacitating... It's more a deep awareness of what I went through, and how hard and sometimes cruel life is. I have forgiven myself and feel complete.

We are women, mothers, lovers. We care for ourselves and others in many, sometimes heartbreaking ways. Hugs to anyone who is struggling right now - be kind to yourself. You will get through this, you will still be you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now