Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

5 month old DS and 4 weeks pregnant

(3 Posts)
Stinkilinky Tue 24-Nov-15 16:47:01

I am totally torn as to what to do.

After the initial shock I began to get excited and now, I just don't think I will be able to cope.

Motherhood did not come easy to me, I had PND and anxiety, DS had awful reflux and colic which he is only just beginning to get over and I am able to enjoy being his mum.

I'm scared that I'll regret an abortion but know I won't cope well with 2 babies. My DP is supportive as are our parents but ultimately it will be mainly me raising them as DP will have to work extra hours to provide for us all.

I don't know what I want from writing this thread but it helps to put my feelings down.

Charlie97 Mon 30-Nov-15 19:14:10

((((Hugs))))

I can't offer any advice, it is ultimately your own choice, but be kind to yourself whatever your decision.

thanks

LoopiusMaximus Sun 13-Dec-15 19:17:59

Hi Op, I was in your exact position several months ago. Like you, Ds was 5 months old when I found out I was pregnant, it was a complete shock and I did not know what to do for the best. I had just started back at work the week I found out too. I cried solidly for a month and even booked a termination but couldn't go through with it so cancelled at the last minute. Dp would have had no hesitation to go through with it, if left to him.

Our Ds has spent most of the first year of his life in and out of hospital and is a very high needs baby (to say the least). I am honestly terrified at the thought of going through the newborn stage again especially with a 14 month old but I am also so excited to meet our new dc and they will grow up so close together and never remember being without each other.

Don't make any decisions just yet. Take your time, be kind to yourself and do what is best for YOU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now