This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

To tell him or not?

(5 Posts)
imwithspud Sun 16-Aug-15 13:26:55

Posting this on behalf of a friend.

She recently found herself unexpectedly pregnant. She's not in a relationship with the dad but he's an ex and they are on good terms. She doesn't live locally to him, she was staying in the area for a few weeks and they were taking precautions, she went back home a few days ago (a good 3/4hours away).

She doesn't want to continue with the pregnancy, it's very very early days. She's unsure whether to tell him or not. She feels like she should, and that he has a right to know, but at the same time is it worth it?

Any advice would be appreciated. My friend is obviously having a lot of mixed emotions right now so please be kind (but honest) as I will be showing her the replies.

thisisnow Sun 16-Aug-15 17:38:20

I wouldn't tell, some might say it's wrong but if he wants to keep it will only serve to make it more difficult for her.

AnxiousAggie Sun 16-Aug-15 19:53:32

In that situation i probably wouldn't tell him either.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Sun 16-Aug-15 19:58:01

I wouldn't tell him, if she changes her mind and decides to keep it obviously that is a different story but if she definitely doesn't want to continue the pregnancy telling him could make it more difficult

BastardGoDarkly Sun 16-Aug-15 20:00:02

No, I wouldn't tell him either, not if she's absolutely sure she doesn't want to continue with the pregnancy, what good could it do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now