Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Changing my mind every hour

(6 Posts)
floraljo Wed 05-Aug-15 13:18:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thisisnow Wed 05-Aug-15 16:39:46

Oh gosh, a lot to consider. First off I hope that you're okay flowers

Changing your mind every hour sounds about right if you're unsure which way to turn. Ignoring the fact that he desperately wants kids what do you want?

I wouldn't worry about folic acid, a lot of women don't take it and if you do want to keep the baby you can start taking it now, no harm done.

Would you be entitled to help from somewhere if you decided to keep the baby? Because of your health issues I mean.

Sorry I haven't been much help!

missybct Wed 05-Aug-15 16:45:00

Firstly, also flowers - few of us ever think we will be in this position, so be kind to yourself first off.

I know you've spoken to a counsellor, but have you considered having a chat with a GP or obstetrician regarding your fears over health issues? Generally, they tend to promote the right to choice but have an open door policy if health concerns are preventing you from wanting the pregnancy - I'd strongly recommend at least speaking it through with them before you decide definitely either way.

As for practical and personal circumstances, I can see why having a child isn't something you'd view as beneficial right now in light of the concerns you have financially, physically and within a brand new relationship. But lots of people can and do cope in those situations, and furthermore, plenty of people have had abortions in situations that look on paper, a more desirable time to have a child (myself included). So, if you feel YOU want this child, you CAN adapt around situations.

Hope some of that has helped x

Stroopwaffel Thu 06-Aug-15 18:00:12

Hi, what a complicated situation,

What was your gut feeling when you found out you were pregnant? Did you imagine yourself with a child at some point in your life?

Are the health issues hereditary
(Besides the hep b) Definitely worth speaking to a doctor about this as the other posters said..maybe a genetics counsellor could advise too..?

I think a lot of women don't take folic acid if not planning a pregnancy (I was one of them! it did worry me at the time but my daughter is fine)

As missy says above, if you want to make it work, there will be a way.. But hard to make a decision in these circumstances.

floraljo Sun 09-Aug-15 14:00:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stroopwaffel Sun 09-Aug-15 19:24:50

I don't know much about spd/pgp but it would be worth speaking to a doctor or midwife about possible treatment and support before you decide anything.

Sorry you're in such a difficult situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now