This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Any practical advice please? (And a little hand holding!)

(6 Posts)
teaandcake2016 Sat 20-Jun-15 20:46:26

Hi everyone,

Firstly thank you to everyone who has bravely posted in other threads I have been reading, knowing there are others out there has really helped.

I'm a bit embarrassed to say I'm making a GP appoitment next week to be refered for a termination-I'll be 9 weeks next week. I don't know if I'll go through with it but I know time isn't on my side so need to put things in place.

My first midwife appointment was booked for what will be a few days after the GP appointment - am I still meant to go to it? Would I just be wasting everyone's time and NHS money? It's probably a silly question but I have no idea!

Thanks in advance x

PolterGoose Sat 20-Jun-15 21:24:27

I think I would cancel seeing the midwife, if you do decide to continue with the pregnancy another can be arranged.

And don't be embarrassed, your body, your choice flowers

ScoutandAtticus Sun 21-Jun-15 22:05:41

Personally I would cancel the midwife.

You may just be seeing a GP as a preference but as far as I know you don't have to. If you call Marie Stopes and BPAS ( they have late night helplines) they will be able to tell you of your health authority pay them for terminations in which case it should be free. I am assuming you are in England so this maybe different if not.

Alanna1 Sun 21-Jun-15 22:09:54

What do you want to do? If you want to talk theough options, ask the GP what you should do. Good luck deciding - your body, your choice.

JaniceJoplin Mon 22-Jun-15 14:55:52

Call either bpas or Marie stopes today. There are waiting lists for terminations so the sooner you make contact the sooner you can be seen. Don't wait a week to see the GP it's not necessary you can self refer. Time is of the essence.

teaandcake2016 Tue 23-Jun-15 14:36:16

Thank you all for your replies. I did ring myself but was told that due to my area it must be referred by the GP (unless I go private). Am trying to get a GP appointment for this week!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now