Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

I don't really know how to talk about this with anyone

(5 Posts)
avarose1986 Wed 17-Dec-14 21:39:55

This is really difficult to talk about and has so many taboos connected to it but here goes nothing...
I think I might be pregnant with my second pregnancy (I lost my first) but in the time between I was infected with the herpes virus (through my absolute bastard of a boyfriend) and I'm so worried about how this would affect the baby. I'm on permanent medication for the herpes because my body has not coped very well with the virus and I just don't know if I can carry on taking it or what. I don't know if I'd be able to give birth naturally because of it being passed on. Does anyone have any experience of this at all? Please help x

thingswesaidtoday Wed 17-Dec-14 22:20:22

Sorry no experience to help you but your doctor will be able to give you all the answers and reassurance you need. I'm sure that this happens more than you think as people can be infected for years without realising. Make an appointment asap flowers

tribpot Wed 17-Dec-14 22:28:06

This is an article from patient.co.uk - it's intended for medical professionals so it's in very dry lingo: article. Upshot is, if you are not having your first attack that is a very good thing. There are some risks but they are manageable with proper treatment.

Get yourself off to the GP, and I hope it all goes well for you.

NancyRaygun Wed 17-Dec-14 22:34:37

Ah a friend went through this and the baby and she were fine. She gave birth naturally too as she wasn't having an attack at the time so it was deemed perfectly safe. You must talk to your GP and get the answers you need and then you can move forwards. X

avarose1986 Wed 17-Dec-14 22:38:10

Thanks everyone. I may be jumping the gun but I knew that as soon as I was thinking that I could very well r pregnant again this would be taking over my though process x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now