Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Termination - timeline...?

(6 Posts)
ButFirstACoffee Mon 15-Dec-14 16:28:09

How soon after being referred by a GP I can expect to be given a procedure? I have an appointment at the termination clinic on Thursday - will I be offered medication that day?

Any help much appreciated.

ButFirstACoffee Mon 15-Dec-14 16:30:33

Should add that I'm very much within the window for a medical termination... sorry if this all sounds a bit clinical but it's the only way I'm able to deal with it.

thingswesaidtoday Mon 15-Dec-14 20:22:10

Is it BPAS or Marie Stopes? If you phone and ask them they will tell you if you can have the procedure the same day. Hope you're okay flowers

CleanLinesSharpEdges Mon 15-Dec-14 20:29:11

I had my appointment, had an internal scan for dating purposes and was offered medication that same day. Then returned 2 days later for more tablets (inserted vaginally) and stayed in for the day, sent home at about 6pm that night.

That was over 10 years ago so things may have changed since then.

ButFirstACoffee Wed 17-Dec-14 09:28:10

I spoke to someone at the hospital where I'll have the procedure and they were really nice about it - I'll be scanned and given the first dose of medication the same day. So relieved.

Thanks everyone for the information flowers

thingswesaidtoday Wed 17-Dec-14 11:11:27

I hope you're okay sending you lots of hugs and strength x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now