Talk

Advanced search

Essential oils during pregnancy and beyond

(12 Posts)
Harrizeb Thu 18-Aug-05 21:34:19

Hi, this isn't strickly a pg thread, but hope that this is the best place for it.

I'm trying to think of ideas for a friend due in about 10 days for the mummy and baby girl who have everything and thought of a massage for mummy - but as she will probably be breast feeding - not sure if this is ok. Are essentials oils ok while breast feeding? If not any suggestions for presents would be great (she says being cheeky)

Thanks and have a good evening
H x

SleepySuzy Thu 18-Aug-05 21:36:20

Lush do some fantastic gift ideas, they are made with natural ingredients so safe for all to use. (You can buy online too)

S x

spod Thu 18-Aug-05 21:36:47

Message deleted

compo Thu 18-Aug-05 21:37:46

is it her first baby? When I had ds the last thing me and dh felt like doing was massages etc. I would have prefered a large box of chocolates or a bottle of gin!

expatinscotland Thu 18-Aug-05 21:40:29

If you've got a Neal's Yard around you, I'd advise going in there and seeing what they recommend.

spod Thu 18-Aug-05 21:40:37

Message deleted

Tabs Thu 18-Aug-05 22:04:40

Picked up this suggestion from a thread a little while ago. They even do specific new baby packages. The ladies recommending before said that although expensive they were really really nice!

new baby muffin basket

Harrizeb Fri 19-Aug-05 18:12:44

Hi Ladies, thanks for the suggestions. She loves Lush so will have a look at that, love the muffin idea might just get one for myself.

Thanks and any more ideas would be great.

H x

mummyhill Fri 19-Aug-05 19:14:50

If you are thinking of buying stuff for her to use then try your Local library who may have aromatherpay for women by Maggie Tisserand or the Fragrant Pharmacy by Valerie Ann Worwood both of which are excellent books with sections containing advice on use of essential oils for pregnancy, birth, post natal care and for use with babies and young children.

If you book her a massage treatment with a local aromatherapist at a salon/spa or fitness centre they should take a brief medical history and ask if your friend is breast feeding and will use appropriate oils.

To be honest I would book her a treatment with someone qualified as it is a great papmering session which will give her a short revitalising break from baby.

mumxfour Fri 19-Aug-05 20:54:38

I know that you have to be careful with some essential oils during pregnancy but whilst breast feeding I am not so sure best to check it out....maybe go on the internet or ask pharmacist etc...otherwise if a no go there are lots of other nice presents you can buy her...good luck to your friends imminent birth

Harrizeb Fri 19-Aug-05 21:43:55

Thanks for the good wishes mumxfour .

I was thinking of booking it with a professional for some 'her' time. It would have been very welcome when DS arrived and was just trying to look back on my personal experience.

xx

mumxfour Fri 19-Aug-05 22:49:29

hi there again Harrizeb you are very welcome. I hope that you can, I think that it is such a lovely present and she obviously means alot to you so good luck with your present and to your friends birth once again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now