Talk

Advanced search

Clearblue bloody conception indicator experts!!

(25 Posts)
sunchild77 Fri 09-Jul-10 10:32:04

Anyone had a similar result with a positive outcome (ie they didnt miscarry)?

Because I was curious (having never done a digi test before) I bought one and peed on it.

By my dates I am 6+1 pregnant. I am very regular with periods and would have ovulated on day 15 I believe. The test came up positive, with conception 2-3 weeks ago. I was expecting to see conception indicated as a 3+

So now of course Im getting my knickers in a knot. Looked a many conversations and it seems that quite a few folk who get this, then go on to miscarry.

Im so scared and worried, and so so annoyed at myself for testing, is m/c inevitable, am I just being silly? (be nice to me please)

japhrimel Fri 09-Jul-10 10:34:55

Really don't worry about it. The conception indicator is less accurate than the Pregnant/Not Pregnant bit and it's hugely affected by the strength of your urine.

I panicked after doing the same thing and then realised that although I'd done the test first thing, I'd been up in the night to go to the loo and have a drink. I did another one when I managed a full nights sleep (very rare for me in pregnancy!) and it came up 3+. smile

japhrimel Fri 09-Jul-10 10:35:17

Oh, should've mentioned that I'm now 17+2 weeks pregnant!

DuelingFanjo Fri 09-Jul-10 10:38:40

hey there. Try not to worry - they are CRAP.

I tested on a CBD and was told I was 3+. Imagine my horror when a week later (with first morning urine!) when I tested again and it said 2-3!

I was convinced I was going to miscarry and headed to the hospital for a blood test. On my way back from the hospital I bought another test and at about 3pm tried again (ie NOT with FMU) and it said 3+! My blood test came back fine and I am now almost 18 weeks pregnant.

So.... honestly, try not to worry - they are crap and they cause more worry than they are worth IMO.

sunchild77 Fri 09-Jul-10 10:47:48

Yikes Fanjo I can so understand why that unnerved you! interesting though .... Thank you, if you got through that experience then I can too!

It was FMU I used too. Im not going to buy anymore tests now, I just need to wait it out until the scan at 12 weeks..

Feel a bit of a divvy, but Im also a bit of a control freak, who can't chill and wait things out too easily...

12 weeks is such a long time....!

DuelingFanjo Fri 09-Jul-10 11:00:21

it's AGES to wait isn't it. Congratulations BTW. smile

emmyloo2 Fri 09-Jul-10 11:02:47

They are rubbish. I never got more than 1-2 weeks and I am now 22 weeks pregnant. I only took them twice just to confirm I was pregnant and then didn't bother anymore. Have you had your HCG tested? I had mine tested in a two day period to make sure it was doubling and it was. But that was well before 6 weeks.

Can you get an early scan? I had one at 6 weeks and then 8 weeks (I was seeing a private gynocologist) and this really put my mind at ease. Well worth it.

starshaker Fri 09-Jul-10 11:04:11

I never got a 3+ weeks and im pregnant with twins so you would think i would have got it sooner.

sunchild77 Fri 09-Jul-10 11:10:41

WOW really starshaker? Congrats on twins though!

emmyloo Thanks for your experience too, Im not having any extra tests as Im not "high risk" of m/c or complications, I cant really afford extra scans either...

Just have to try and chill some more.... Its so bloody hard!

starshaker Fri 09-Jul-10 11:19:53

I also did a few tests that came up negative so i really freaked out. Im 33 weeks now

miamix Fri 09-Jul-10 11:54:06

I never got past 2-3 weeks despite being pregnant enough to expect 3+. I roll my eyes now whenever I see the advert for them on TV boasting how they provide "peace of mind" or whatever. I wouldn't pay any attention to anything other than the "Pregnant/Not pregnant" bit now that I know better.

It is thanks to the ladies on here that I realised what a joke the conception indicator is!

yellowflowers Fri 09-Jul-10 12:04:13

This happened to me. I got 2-3 first time I tested then 1-2 a few days later. Was worried as I also had some spots of blood but Early Pregnancy Unit did scan and all was okay. Then after another scan I did another and it was still only 2-3. Just made me very worried - wouldn't do another one.

Am now 17 weeks and hoping all okay.

Issy42 Fri 09-Jul-10 13:27:36

The conception indicator went up a week later than I expected from both 1-2 to 2-3 and from 2-3 to 3+. 7 month old DD now getting restless on my lap. Hope that reassures.

NeedToSleepZZZ Fri 09-Jul-10 14:09:10

I'm so annoyed at Clear Blue as they made me think I was further along than I was, my result said 3+ when it should have read 1-2. Only found out at the scan what my real date was. Ignore it!!!! The actual pregnancy test is fine though.

vmcd28 Fri 09-Jul-10 14:36:38

THROW THEM IN THE BIN!! the amount of threads I've read like this is unbelievable. It happened to me too. I was frantic for days. They should be banned. I'm 20 weeks.

MrsC2010 Fri 09-Jul-10 18:04:16

I used one when I first got a positive on another test, it said 1-2 wks. I used another one (two pack) about 2 wks later for fun, still said the same thing. Cue a very worried MrsC for a while...needless to say am now 37 wks with a baby that feels like she is determined to kick her way out. hmm

Janey63 Thu 05-Aug-10 07:54:09

So glad to have found this - I did a positive test on Monday, and although hugely shocked to get a "PREGNANT" as I'm 47.. I was also confused to only get a 1-2 as I would have thought it was 2-3 so did it again yesterday, only to get same result. Now I'll just try not to worry and wait.. off on holiday on Sunday so will try not to think about it until I get back in 2 weeks. (yeah, like that's going to happen!)

gigglet Thu 05-Aug-10 08:52:41

I was a bit dubious by the number of women they used to calculate it. I think it was 300? So I'm guessing only 100 per group. Seems far too low to me but I'm not a scientist.

Shaz10 Thu 05-Aug-10 08:56:29

Am I the only person in the world who never tested again after the BFP? shock. The other test in the packet is still in the bathroom! (out of date probably)

PickleSarnie Thu 05-Aug-10 09:54:35

You only wee'd on ONE stick Shaz10?!?!

Bloody hell, I did 4 and I was quite impressed by my restraint to not do more!

Shaz10 Thu 05-Aug-10 10:08:41

It was not the first stick I've weed on, but I never did it again after it said "pregnant"!

C123MB Mon 07-Jan-13 14:58:07

I did a pregnancy test and it came back positive, just out of interest I did another test which was the clearblue digital and it came back pregnant 3+ weeks. According to my calculations I should only be 1 to 2 weeks as I had a period. Now I'm worrying why I had a 4 day period which was normal at the right time. Has anybody else had this problem happened to them. Please message me as I'm very concerned and worried.

lilstar Mon 08-Apr-13 00:17:30

Hi C123MB, I am curious to know if you have had a scan after worrying about this and did you find out if your baby was actually measuring how many weeks you thought it would be or if you were further on like the test suggested. I am pretty much in the same situation myself at the moment and am really worried. Would be really greatful to hear from you.

Rockchick1984 Mon 08-Apr-13 07:48:06

Lilstar I did a CB which showed 3+ when it should have been 1-2 weeks - I was convinced it was twins but definitely only 1 little bean in there measuring perfect for dates. They really aren't all that accurate smile

lilstar Mon 08-Apr-13 09:25:48

Thanks so much for your reply Rockchick1984. That's two people now who seem to have been in the same position as me. Its gave me a little bit sense of relief because I have been so worked up. These CB tests seem to be causing more harm than good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now