Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Indulge me...... What did you crave and what did you have?

(71 Posts)
colditz Wed 17-Aug-05 13:26:26

And what do they mainly eat now, for preferance? Protein or carbs?

eg

Craved milk, cheese, yoghurt and pork.

Had a boy.

He eats mainly the protein part of the meal.

Nbg Wed 17-Aug-05 13:29:17

I craved apples of any kind, be it juice, fruit or sweets. I also ate tons of those mint dairy milks.

Had a girl.

She mainly eats carbs, pasta, potato etc.

colditz Wed 17-Aug-05 13:29:54

bump

suzywong Wed 17-Aug-05 13:30:38

love hears
refreshers
giant fizzers
palma violets

boys both times same cravings

suzywong Wed 17-Aug-05 13:31:17

both fussy eaters

colditz Wed 17-Aug-05 13:46:04

Please tell me, I am just so nosy!

Thankyou SuzyWong and Nbg

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 17-Aug-05 13:57:04

Jess - anything potato (roast, mash, chips) and Fudge - jess now eats potato almost every day!

This one - anything sweet..... give me chocolate, sweets ice cream the works!

expatinscotland Wed 17-Aug-05 14:23:04

This time -savoury foods. curries, meats, buttery popcorn, salty proteins. sweets and fruits - yukka.

DD - didn't crave anything. was ill first 4 months and had acid reflux from about 6 months on.

starlover Wed 17-Aug-05 14:23:23

i craved mcdonalds strawberry milkshake and curry.
ate a lot of fruit pastilles to stop myself being sick at work!

ds is only just weaned so don't know... but he does have a sweet tooth!

meggymoo Wed 17-Aug-05 14:26:43

Message withdrawn

meggymoo Wed 17-Aug-05 14:28:04

Message withdrawn

slim22 Wed 17-Aug-05 14:32:59

up to 6 months turned into a health freak
After 6th month ben and jerrys doubble chocolate brownie ice cream EVERY night!!!
OMG!! I just ballooned, but every spoonfull worth it.
18 months on still have 5kg to shed.....

PrettyCandles Wed 17-Aug-05 14:33:27

I had a boy first and then a girl. Both pregnancies I craved the same things, only the first time the cravings were not strong enough for me to realise that they were cravings, IYSWIM. I craved Marmite, Caesar Salad (but only Somerfield's own! ), butter, Philadelphia cheese and salty foods. Both children love Marmite, ds doesn't like salad, but has recently 'discovered' lettuce and will sometimes eat it, dd loves salad but dislikes lettuce. Ds likes Philly, dd hates it.

HuggyBear Wed 17-Aug-05 14:36:15

I craved Chicken tikka and the minty yogurt sauce with popadoms mmmmmmm

Same craving both times and had 2 boys

The eldest easts alot of pasta type stuff and the baby eats anything he can get his hands on

Chuffed Wed 17-Aug-05 15:00:02

dd savoury - salt and vinegar crisps in the first 12wks or so, then ate about 4 bowls of cereal a day although some of the cereals were sweet ones.

dd is so far a good eater loves fruit, not a huge carb fan surprisingly.

this pregnancy - sweet stuff still being occasionally sick at 18wks solved by starburst candies.

saadia Wed 17-Aug-05 15:55:06

craved smoked cheese - neither of the dss like cheese in its raw state, has to be melted into sauces

kid Wed 17-Aug-05 15:57:59

craved sweet food like strawberries and lemon curd - had a girl - she is a fussy eater and will rarely eat any form of potatoes.

craved corn on the cob - had a boy - he eats anything and everything, constantly!

compo Wed 17-Aug-05 15:59:50

no cravings and had boy. Only had 3 weeks of morning sickness.

chloe55 Wed 17-Aug-05 16:14:40

I'm 14 weeks and I crave icecream which I never really touched before pregnancy. Can't stand chewing gum either but always had a piece in my mouth before pregnancy.

sweetheart Wed 17-Aug-05 16:27:22

I craved vinegar with dd.

She likes veg and carbs like potato and pasta.

Is that linked anyway??? She likes to suck lemons too - any connection do you think???

ninah Wed 17-Aug-05 16:29:29

craved rest, lots of pampering and help around the house
got - a demanding toddler a full time job and a dp who can't seem to remember how to use the cooker grrrr

ninah Wed 17-Aug-05 16:31:18

sorry just read the rest of this
oh don't say I'm gonna get a mini chauvenist boy!
teach me to pay attention
With ds craved branston pickle and he eats most things although he says he doesn't like mussels, and he really is not keen on jelly

cleverclogs Wed 17-Aug-05 17:06:39

I'm almost too afraid to admit it but I ate fire lighters!

With me it was mainly smells that I craved, firelighters, petrol and beeswax furniture polish - i still love these things now and will deliberately splash a bit of diesel on my hand when I fill up the car so that i can sniff it on the way home (jesus )

My children are surprisingly normal

CountessDracula Wed 17-Aug-05 17:26:04

Prawn Cocktail crisps and had a girl

CountessDracula Wed 17-Aug-05 17:26:04

Prawn Cocktail crisps and had a girl

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now