Talk

Advanced search

what's wrong with me

(17 Posts)
Klara Tue 16-Aug-05 16:04:14

I can't stop crying. Don't know why but I feel ridiculously weepy. I wanted this baby so much, but now that I'm actually pg I feel so ill (puking twice a day at least)and so tired that I feel absolutely no enthusiasm for anything at all in my life - I just want to run away and hide in the loo and cry.

Poor DH is trying to be sympathetic but is I think struggling to cope with me as I am. When I was pg the last time with ds - I was sick, but didn't feel this bad.

Please tell me I'm not alone

Klara

Lua Tue 16-Aug-05 16:12:16

First of all -- Congratulations!
You are definetely not alone! pregnancy is one crazy hormonal ride, and a scary one! It is totally natural to feel the way you are - it will pass!
Hang in there!

Klara Tue 16-Aug-05 16:16:53

thanks Lua. Ten minutes and I'm out of here anwyay and heading home. Have booked myself into the local spa for the evening for a (pg safe)massage which I'm hoping will help me to feel better - musn't grumble I guess.
Just want to get to that 2nd trimester happy hormone fest, because I seem to remember that being alot more fun!

Feffi Tue 16-Aug-05 16:18:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lucy5 Tue 16-Aug-05 16:18:47

I remember waking up in tears one day, I just couldnt stop. I couldnt go to work dh took me to my mums at 8 o'clock in the morning in floods of tears. She opened the door assumed the worse. I wailed I cant stop crying and proceeded to cry for about the next two hours. It'll pass, perhaps you should have a crying marathon like me and get it out of your system, ooo those pesky hormones.

Redhelen Tue 16-Aug-05 16:20:26

Yes -completely agree with Lua - I think having another or other children makes a sicky pregnancy 20 times worse. Dont be so hard on yourself - and dh can be thankfull he is not a woman!

Nemo1977 Tue 16-Aug-05 16:23:44

klara congrates to you but do agree 2nd child+ is a lot more sicky, draining and hormonal...unfortunately I am in 2nd tri [22wks] and am still waiting for the happy hormones from last time to kick in..lol I blame running around after a toddler and lack of sleep

Klara Tue 16-Aug-05 16:24:33

the problem is actually maintaining some appearance of normality at work - I'm sure they all think I'm in miserable cow mode, and I'm not telling anyone about it yet as it's too early at 8 weeks.
believe me - I think dh is glad he's not a woman already after witnessing the fairly epic birth I had to go through the last time!

babyonboard Tue 16-Aug-05 16:34:37

i so know what you mean! everything makes me cry..and its been the same for weeks now. Iwas reading in a preg mag about babies having a slight headache when they are born due to the stress of delivery and it made me sry countless times for days..i kept for some reason imagining this poor helpless baby with a headache and just sobbed
my dp recently had a friend to stay who i very much like, but he can irritate me after a while and when he announced he had taken extra time of work and could stay another two days i burst into tear and couldnt stop..
most embarrasing and rude..but i put it down to the hormones and needing 'time to ourselves'
more inexplicably i have cried
-upon finding out dp/flatmate has used all the milk when i wake up (even though shop is two doors away)
-when changing hoover bag and i ripped the new one when putting it on (boohhooo but they are so expensive..teehee)
-when we went to cinema and dp made a flippant comment about how we got ripped off for the popcorn..the film was just starting and i began sobbing about how we were wasting money we didnt have..hahaha
-when my friends came to visit and i made coffees without actually boiling kettle(pregnancy related brain-wrong)
..i did wonder why the granules were floating around on top..hehe

hockeymum Wed 17-Aug-05 08:54:16

Klara you are so not alone with this one.

When I was pregnant with my much wanted dd I cried all the time. Hormones and sickness are the worst possible things in the world and running after a toddler too can't help matters much.

I remember walking to work once, being sick twice on the pavement on the way, getting to work and throwing up and bawling my eyes out all morning cos I was so tired and sick. My boss said "stop being such a miserable cow, you wanted to be pregnant! If you think you're tired now wait till the baby comes" So totally unhelpful because actually I think hormonal sick tiredness is so much worse than lack of sleep because of new baby tiredness.

It must be hard not to be able to share it with people as its early days, but rest assured it is so normal and you are so not alone. Book yourself in for weepy sessions on your own with a sad film and box of chocs every now and then, it does actually make you feel better afterwards.
I dont even know if I'm pg yet this month but sat and watched The Notebook last night and cried for ages afterwards, such a good film. Just try and find your way of dealing with your emotions.

Hope that helps, sorry you feel so yucky

Klara Wed 17-Aug-05 09:58:28

HMM - Maybe I should dig out my copy of te English patient - always good for a total bawl...

colditz Wed 17-Aug-05 10:00:47

I cried last night because I burned my pizza. Then I cried because the one dp made to replace it had pineapple on it.

And I am bloody shattered too.

scully Wed 17-Aug-05 10:25:26

yep, definitely feel more hormonal this time than last time. Your first pregnancy you have loads of time to yourself, to relax etc, whereas any subsequent pregnancies you are always running after the other children, the house, work etc and never get any 'me' time. I'm sure my work also think I'm a moody cow, but tough luck, I've put up with their crap for long enough, now it's their turn

HelenEmjay Wed 17-Aug-05 10:53:52

Hiya klara! how are you feeling today? for what its worth i sobbed and cried my way through most of my last pregnancy! my dp thought i had lost the plot! i was sick all the time for the first 12 weeks, and even after the sickness stopped, i still looked a complete wreck! i put on loads of weight and my hair went like straw, my skin looked all pale and blotchy and i never ever had that pregnancy 'bloom'!! - no wonder i cried alot! i have to say towards the end of my pregnancy i did slowly come out of it and i started to look more like me again and less like a zombie! i still sat bawling my head of though whenever there was a sad advert on tv or, my dp said even the slightest sarcastic comment! i was a proper human ship-wreck! i really hope you feel better soon! its not easy is it! im on my third pregnancy now and i have only a few weeks left and i havent been as bad this time, i do tend to loose my temper with dp quite quickly though! - poor sod!

Enthusia Wed 17-Aug-05 17:13:26

I know exactly how you feel - had this for weeks at the beginning of my pg and it was my first one, wondered what the hell I had got myself in to and whether I would ever be normal again! Got really worried. Decided then and there I would never get pg again, thought I was actually losing my marbles!

However - now 27 weeks and regularly forget I'm pg (apart from bump)feel fantastic!

Here's hoping it goes away soon and you can enjoy the rest of your pg!!!!!!!

desperatehousewife Wed 17-Aug-05 17:18:02

dont' worry about it - are you due in March? If so, come over and join us in the due march thread - we are all suffering together - sickness, jelly brain the whole lot. Come and join in...

dhwx

Rachey1969 Wed 17-Aug-05 18:31:08

I think it's really normal to feel this way, I am ever so tearful over ridiculous things - happy and sad. I think you will feel better in a few weeks - happy cow hormones!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now