Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks at nearly 18 weeks pregnant?

(13 Posts)
hunkermunker Thu 11-Aug-05 22:05:56

Have had the sensation of Braxton Hicks today - got them loads when pg with DS, but am sure they were a bit later on, from 22 weeks-ish?

Have developed a rather sizeable bump lately (eek!), so wondering if it's to do with that?

Funny feeling though - haven't got the words to describe it! But recognised it immediately from when I was pg before.

Miaou Thu 11-Aug-05 22:08:17

Very normal, hunker - you quite often feel them earlier second time around.

For which read one feels them earlier etc....

moondog Thu 11-Aug-05 22:08:41

Gosh,that's a bit unusual isn't it? Can't remember it happening so early with ds. Mind you,it's all a blur now. Always found that when I was pg, couldn't imagine not being pg and vice versa.

Caligula Thu 11-Aug-05 22:09:55

They're always a bit earlier with subsequent children. When you say braxton hicks, do you mean the fairground sensation, or the actual contraction sensation? (Because I always thought BH referred to the later contractions, after about 32 ish weeks minimum?) But if you're talking about feeling the baby quicken, it was definitely at about 18 weeks for me with DD, wheareas it was at least 22, maybe 23 weeks with DS (who is older than her).

moondog Thu 11-Aug-05 22:11:59

Eh? Wot fairground sensation??

Demented Thu 11-Aug-05 22:14:19

Don't understand the difference in sensations but I definately felt what I believed to be BH with DS2 very early, freaked me out a bit.

hunkermunker Thu 11-Aug-05 22:18:54

Definitely the same sensation as with BH, Caligula.

By quickening, do you mean feeling the baby move? I felt DS at 15 weeks and this one even earlier - and have been getting crashing thuds from this one for the last couple of weeks! So looks like I may have another baby who can benchpress the cot at a year old...! I'd better stay on the right side of them - am a total weakling - lol!

billiejo Thu 11-Aug-05 22:21:12

hi HM , I'm 22 weeks with my second and, exactly as i did with ds, have had them since about 17-18 weeks. Wasn't sure what they were 1st time round until the midwife SAW them happening....it's as if my whole tummy sucks in and i'm left with a rock hard football shape, really weird to see!!

Caligula Thu 11-Aug-05 22:22:06

Fairground sensation was when I first felt movement - it felt like I was on a fairground ride for about 2 weeks, and then after a bit I could distinguish little kicks etc. - but it was really late on for DS - at least 22 weeks. Before then, I can't remember feeling anything.

hunkermunker Thu 11-Aug-05 22:23:08

They really are weird things, aren't they?! Wish I could describe the sensation - I quite like it in a way - doesn't hurt, but is just tingly and odd. Cor, that's a good explanation, isn't it?!

moondog Thu 11-Aug-05 22:24:33

Gotcha, cal!

CarolinaMoon Thu 11-Aug-05 22:28:21

you like BHs??

they're weeeiiird - I'd find myself holding my breath and wonder why and then realise Oh yes, it's a BH.

hunkermunker Thu 11-Aug-05 22:30:51

Yes, they're weird, but hey, so am I!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now