Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Burst Blood Vessels

(6 Posts)
janski31 Fri 11-Jun-10 08:26:08

Hi was jsut wondering if anyone else has had this and how long they take to heal?

Last Thursday I had a gush of blood it was bright red was so scared went to my doc he said could only go for a scan in 6 days time! Went to a private clinic day after and sonographer said it looked like a burst blood vessel at top of my cervix and I had to rest. I am 14 weeks tomorrow. Thanks x

Lynli Fri 11-Jun-10 23:59:19

My DD had this 4 weeks ago. She was 18 weeks pregnant.A sudden rush of blood hit the floor. She had a scan and there was a pool of blood above her cervix. They said it could be a blood vessel or a placental bleed. The sonographer said you cannot say definitely the cause but discount any serious problems and thought everything would be okay.
She has had three scans since then and is now 22 weeks and everything is going fine.
The bleeding stopped completely after 10 days.

janski31 Sat 12-Jun-10 16:40:52

thanks for that lynli mine only lasted a day but was very worrying, none since fingers crossed. Hope all is going well for her.x

ckdayton Sun 27-Jun-10 14:08:12

I'm going through the same thing right now. I woke up (during vacation) with bloody shorts. I was devastated thinking this is it. We rushed to the ER. After an exam & ultrasound, they sent me home. The only explanation they offered was a burst blood vessel. I continued to bleed for the remainder of that day. The next day, it turned into a brownish color. Today (day 3), it remains, but it is still brownish-red. I am back home and I have an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I really, really hope that everything is okay. It helps to know that I'm not the only one who has experience this. Oh - by the way, I am 14 1/2 weeks.

janski31 Mon 28-Jun-10 10:28:58

Hi ckdayton

Try not to worry as the fact it has turned brownish is a good sign that means it isnt fresh blood anymore.

When mine happened I had a strange pain down my left hand side then a gush of blood which was bright red quite scary! I had no other pain or cramping.

Once I had been seen by the sonographer and she explained what it was I felt better I had no other bleeding after that, but had a scan on wed and she was pressing quite hard on my stomach the next day I had brown discharge which I think was left over from the initial bleed. So dont worry if you have a bit more.

Am sure it will all be fine I am now 16 weeks listened to babys heartbeat through my stomach for first time other day was fine.

jacjones12 Fri 07-Aug-15 13:45:12

I am 11 weeks and 5 days. I woke up around 4 am to use the restroom and laid back down. When I sneezed all of a sudden I felt this gush come down and when I rushed to the bathroom there was blood gushing down my legs like water and my toilet was full of blood. So I got rushed to the ER they told me it was a burst blood vessel. I asked did the hard sneeze did it the ER doctor said it's possible. They did an ultrasound and heart beat check and see the baby was fine moving a lot and heartbeat was very good and strong. They discharge me out and when I was heading home with my mom the bleeding started again. I'm home now resting in bed on bed rest for a couple of days can't go to work yet. I wonder when this going to stop? It scared me half to death sad�� and my two daughters?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now