Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

anyone ever had a false negative?

(36 Posts)
juice Tue 09-Aug-05 20:00:18

did test on saturday morn, which was 2 days after period should have started, it was negative.
my period still not here and wondering if test was wrong. it was one of tescos own ones.
still peeing a lot.
my periods have been been regular since getting back to noraml 6 months ago after having dd.
thanks for any help

anchovies Tue 09-Aug-05 20:21:16

Yes I did and strangely enough it was with a tescos one (although I'm not aure if that's what you want to hear?!) Tested +ve next day with boots own.

So you're 4 days late now? Perhaps give it a bit longer and test again. Good luck and hope you get the result you want.

Chuffed Tue 09-Aug-05 20:29:24

I had 2 before I went to the dr and she tested it as positive. Hope you get result you want.

champs Tue 09-Aug-05 21:47:35

yep! and both resulted in ds1 and ds2, sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear.

colditz Tue 09-Aug-05 21:52:25

Yes, I had loads, my period is nearly 4 weeks late and have only just got a positive!

colditz Tue 09-Aug-05 21:54:27

I figured out that I must have ovulated late!

Kidstrack2 Tue 09-Aug-05 21:56:02

It was only through blood test my both preg were confirmed. The first preg wasn't confirmed till I was 15wks gone. I have used Clear Blue , Predictor etc all showed neg

LilacLotus Tue 09-Aug-05 21:59:27

i had 3 false negatives with predictor and clearblue (normal type) tests.

champs Tue 09-Aug-05 22:18:59

colditz -- congrats!!

Frieda Tue 09-Aug-05 22:46:34

I've heard that you can get a false negative if for some reason you're hcg levels are particularly high – this can happen particularly if you're expecting twins. (Don't want to alarm you unneccesarily, though – I'm sure this isn't always the case, although it did happen to a friend of mine)

colditz Tue 09-Aug-05 22:47:50

thank you! I must have spent a fortune on tests, when al I had to do was wait!

I just woke up on sunday feeling Pregnant!

colditz Tue 09-Aug-05 22:48:29

What was that about twins?

Frieda Tue 09-Aug-05 22:51:06

Oh, colditz – didn't mean to alarm you! This is anecdotal evidence only. As you'll see from the other thread (further down the list with the same title) it obviously happens to other people for completely non-twin related reasons.

champs Tue 09-Aug-05 22:55:46

colditz -- yep same here, could have saved myself some money. DH said why do you need to buy a test, just wait and you'll find out either way!! humph... what does he know??!! (a lot as it turned out

frieda -- i was very afraid i'd have twins as i was very sick, had hg! also everyone kept frightening me when they saw scan as they were convinced there was two babas in there!

PeachyClair Wed 10-Aug-05 00:06:53

I've had false negatives with all mine, HCG theory makes sense as high HCG levels also related to the hyperemesis I suffered with them.

I had to have a special early twin scan too, tho it was negative and that was not just the HCG, but also a family history (Nan had three sets!).

lockets Wed 10-Aug-05 00:12:59

Message withdrawn

PeachyClair Wed 10-Aug-05 00:31:37

Good to know I ahve achieved something today then

Dunno about the twins, but hyperemesis is 7 in 2000 I think, chances are you're OK on that one!

jabberwocky Wed 10-Aug-05 02:34:59

Yep, one with first pregnancy. And, last month, am pretty sure I had an early miscarriage but never tested positive. Dr. said of course we'd never know for sure but he felt that I had been pregnant as well, just never had high enough hormone level to test positive for some reason (which happened to a friend of mine as well). I started bleeding before I went in for the blood test. Just "knew" that I was, then the morning before spotting started I woke up and "knew" that I wasn't anymore IYKWIM.

jessicaandbumpsmummy Wed 10-Aug-05 02:50:37

Lockets - im concerned as to why you are scared.... something we should all know?!

piglit Wed 10-Aug-05 11:39:49

Yup - twice. The first one has just woken up from his nap and the second is kicking away inside me. Those tescos tests are cr@p IMHO. Get a clearblue one and do it first thing in the morning.

vickiyumyum Wed 10-Aug-05 11:46:10

with my ds1 tested negative on many ocassions, on most brands of home test, urine test at surgery and blood test at path lab. i used to take my pill all the way through and when i stopped doing this and my periods dind't return did the tests to rule out the possibilty and was pleased that it was a neg. had started to gain weight around my middle and just put it down to too much turkey at christmas! only when they thought i might have fibroid or something that they sent me for a scan and there was a little 24 weeker! what a shock that was, a good one as it turned out, but was very worried as had been drinking copious amounts of alcohom over christma and had been smoking, been to disney on the rides ate all the things you are not supposed to eat, e.g pate and brie. thankfully when he was born he was fine!

Juice - are you trying for a baby?

Lizzylou Wed 10-Aug-05 11:46:36

I have done about 8 tests this time round, only 3 of them were positive! I tested too early........

munz Wed 10-Aug-05 11:52:49

cold - wow big congrats, u must have spent a tonne on tests, when r u due?

colditz Wed 10-Aug-05 11:54:23

LOL Not for ages yet, I think I'm only 6 weeks pg, so not until April (2 days after ds's birthday!)

spacecadet Wed 10-Aug-05 11:56:35

with ds 2 i had negatives for a bout a week, it can happen if you ovulated slightly later or your hormone levels just arent high enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now