Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C-section scar pain

(7 Posts)
sarahsausage Tue 09-Aug-05 14:33:05

I had a c-section in october 2003 and am now 24 weeks pregnant.

I have never had any pain from the scar, only the burning sensation when sitting etc for a week or so after the operation. For the past couple of days, my scar has been hurting, kind of like a pulling pain. It isnt just when moving around either, it hurts sometimes when i am sitting and in bed.

My next midwife appointment isnt for another 4 weeks so was wondering if anyone else had any similar problems?

Thanks

Chuffed Tue 09-Aug-05 14:36:52

I had this a lot earlier on with mine at about 12wks. Mine felt like a terrible pulling type cramp that woke me up in the middle of the night.
After a visit to A&E they informed me that it was adhesions that had developed after the c-sec surgery. The doctor said that mine was a classic case of it in the first time it was terribly painful in the spot then the next couple of 'pulls' sort of felt minor contraction or braxton hicks like just under the same place then they went away. He said with an adhesion as it pulls it should become less painful.
I'd pop into your antenatal clinic if I was you just to double check though.

CarolinaMoon Tue 09-Aug-05 14:38:44

could you ring your MW and discuss it with her?

I don't have personal experience of this (had a cs 9m ago, so no pg yet), but if it hurts rather than just pulling I would get it checked out.

sarahsausage Tue 09-Aug-05 14:39:29

Yea i think i will. The pain isnt that bad, i just know that its not meant to be there if you see what i mean!

madmarchhare Tue 09-Aug-05 14:47:05

CSection scars can thin out in subsequent pregnancies, but generally its a little later on. I would call your MW and see what she says.

madmarchhare Wed 10-Aug-05 10:56:57

Did you contact your MW?

sarahsausage Thu 11-Aug-05 21:39:12

Thanks for comments ladies, i think i figured out what the problem was.

Have been wearing over bump clothes today and i have no pain! Must have been the under bump jeans that were aggrovating it. Will speak with midwife at my next appt.

Leave it to me to panic over something so silly lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now