Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3D/4D scans

(13 Posts)
ChaCha Mon 08-Aug-05 19:18:43

Which of the two would you recommend, why and where?
I have googled a few and found that the average price for a 4D scan is around £200.
DH has offered to pay for the scan as a birthday treat but as much as I want it feel that that the money could be better spent on a necessity for the baby iyswim.

Would appreciate your suggestions esp from those who have done this.

Thanks

nannyjo Mon 08-Aug-05 19:21:24

not done it but my first thought when i read this was if you didn't do it then would you regret it then ater the birth obviously it's too late then. you're only pregnant once or a few times in life so go for it while you have the choice if i were you. good luck with the decision.

LeahE Mon 08-Aug-05 19:23:40

They are basically the same thing -- just 3D is still pictures and 4D includes video/DVD. If you're getting it done I'd definitely say get the video included but as far as the experience itself goes you can't really get the 3D without the 4D -- they need to look at the real-time image even to decide when to take a snap frame iyswim.

I was worried in advance that it was a frivolous waste of money but I am so glad that we did it. We went at 27 weeks and it was great to see him looking so much like a "real baby" with all the little facial expressions and so forth.

Tabs Mon 08-Aug-05 20:15:18

Where do you live ChaCha? I have one booked in St Albans for when I reach 28 weeks. The same company do them in Manchester and West Mids too. They charge £195. DH bought be one for my b'day too .

mancmum Mon 08-Aug-05 20:41:03

in warrington they cost 65 quid and another 30 for the DVD.... that is worth doing...

Nemo1977 Mon 08-Aug-05 20:44:10

mancmum where in warrington is that???????

mancmum Mon 08-Aug-05 20:47:33

it is here.... friend has been and photos are fab¬

scan place

Tabs Mon 08-Aug-05 21:01:33

That's a v cheeky way of pricing it mancmum - to get the same as you get for the £195 I'm paying you'd have to pay the £65 for the scan, plus £55 for the CD plus £35 for the DVD plus £10 per print for however many you want! So it would actually end up costing the same if you had 4 prints.

bubbles2904 Tue 09-Aug-05 15:17:28

wow, innervision, thats where i had mine done 2 weeks ago at 34 weeks. it was a great experience and definetly worth the money. the dvd is fantastic and a once in a lifetime experience. i would definetly recommend having it done. it cost £65 for the scan and we got 8 pics not the 2 it suggests on the website. £ 25 for a cd rom so we could get copies for both sets of grandparents and a further £35 for the dvd. the best £125 we've ever spent. it is in stockton heath in warrington opposite morrissons. HTH

RachD Tue 09-Aug-05 15:27:06

Is there nowhere that does it on the nhs ?
I thought that there was 2 or 3 hospitals in the country that were doing it, as standard ?

bubbles2904 Tue 09-Aug-05 15:41:49

not that i know of rach. a friend of mone knows someone who had hers done free as part of the companys research, and her pictures were apparently used to promote the company so i guess thats a option you could maybe look into???

ChaCha Tue 09-Aug-05 18:57:29

Thank you for all the replies.
Seems everyone has something good to say and that it has been a great experience for those who opted to do it.

Innervision sounds great but Manchester is just too far from here.

Thank you again for all your replies

shhhh Fri 12-Aug-05 23:50:56

Dh & I would also recommend it. We had it done at about 28 weeks and it was an aMazing experience. We went to "Leeds Screening Centre" in leeds (Duh..!!) and it cost about £190. We got photos (about 10 printed), a cd containing all the still photo's and a DVD. We have watched the dvd on numerous occasions and we can't wait for the day when we can finally show it to dd.
Its so amazing to see dd when she was born (she is now 12 weeks old)because she was exactly like we had seen on the scan photos.!!! Truley amazing..!
Only draw back though is the fact that we have done the 3d/4d scan with dd1 so have to do the same with our other children.! BTW dh & I would love about 5 children . HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now