Talk

Advanced search

Scary story!!!!

(13 Posts)
AnotherHelen Mon 08-Aug-05 14:58:45

Hiya girls, just talking to my neighbour, his brother and his brothers girlfriend are expecting there 2nd baby together, well she gave birth yesterday and there were 2!!!! they had no idea at all! she never had her 12 week scan, but did have her 20 weeks scan and they never saw two! but she gave birth to a boy and a girl yesterday 2 weeks early! - how bizarre is that!!! its got to be pretty rare too!!!
Helen xxx

sparklymieow Mon 08-Aug-05 15:05:42

wow!! I bet they are in shock!!

ninah Mon 08-Aug-05 15:11:22

woah, scary! have 20 week scan on Wednesday will have a GOOD look

Charlee Mon 08-Aug-05 15:12:35

thats crazy! lts hope they can afford 2 of everything!!!!!!

expatinscotland Mon 08-Aug-05 15:13:12

Dang! We don't get 20 weeks scans at all here. They only saw the one at the 13 week one, so I figure there's just the one there.

AnotherHelen Mon 08-Aug-05 15:23:45

Sorry lol didnt mean to scare anyone !! i just couldnt believe it when he said, i thought he was joking at first! i think he is still in shock! how scary! i have never heard of anyone experiencing that before!

Iklboo Mon 08-Aug-05 15:25:45

Looks like one of them will be Hide & Seek World Champion then!
People keep SAYING am I sure there's only one in here.........

Milliways Mon 08-Aug-05 15:36:09

This happened when my Mum was in hospital. A lady came out of delivery, and then called out "help, I'm having a baby!". The midwives tried to calm her down - "Now now dear, you've had your baby, there she is" etc, but when they looked, she was! Twin was delivered about an hour after firat one

AnotherHelen Mon 08-Aug-05 16:39:04

Wow really Milliways! its mad isnt it! i really cant understand how you can miss another baby on a scan nowadays though! surely thats one of the main reasons to have scan! I have to say i got asked that few times too iklboo when i was pregnant with my first! and then when he was born he was 10lb! - so we came to the conclusion that ds was 2 babies in one!

jampots Mon 08-Aug-05 16:51:30

i was worried sick when I was preg with ds as I was enormous with him. As a twin myself I was paranoid I would have a set of my own so every scan I asked the sonographer to "just check". Only one though!

AnotherHelen Mon 08-Aug-05 18:06:28

Lol jampots i think i would have been the same! im due to have our third baby in about 5 weeks and twins runs in our family so now i have no more scans booked i have to say im growing a little paranoid!! im pretty sure i would know by now though as i do have quite big babies so if there were 2 in there i dont think i would be quite so small still!

Whizzz Mon 08-Aug-05 18:10:15

Blimey - what a shock that must have been !
Hope all are doing well.

mummyhill Tue 09-Aug-05 09:33:36

I have been told there is only one but I am huge this time round and keep having vivid dreams about giving birth to twins, fil is a twin and there are twins on my mums and my dads side of the family so i am worrying a little ohh well will find out in 4 weeks time have all the stuff i need for a singleton as we kept all dd's would however need to go shopping for second crib/moses, cot, bouncey chair, six more bottles, double buggy if it turned out to be a prophetic dream. I wouldn't need to double up on anything else would I?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now