Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is paracetamol really okay to take in pregnancy?

(6 Posts)
arabella2 Sat 06-Aug-05 10:12:27

I have this headache I cannot shift and would really like to take some but find the act of swallowing a drug when pregnant quite difficult. I am only 8 weeks pregnant unfortunately so feeling nauseous and pissed off all the time (just thought I would get that little moan in). Thanks for any advice.

kid Sat 06-Aug-05 10:14:46

Paracetamol is fine during pregnancy, as far as I know, its Aspirin you can't take as it thins your blood.

Hope your nausea passes by 12 weeks.

colditz Sat 06-Aug-05 10:17:07

A tip though - I found I could only take one, as two made me vomit.

bonkerz Sat 06-Aug-05 10:17:37

paracetoamol fine but dont take more than 2 every 6 hours! (thats what i was told in hospital!)

HappyMumof2 Sat 06-Aug-05 10:27:22

Message withdrawn

Littlefish Sat 06-Aug-05 10:36:47

A friend of mine had trouble swallowing tablets when pregnant as they always made her sick. Her GP told her to take Calpol instead as it contains paracetemol. Perhaps you could check this with your GP.

Just re-read your original post - is it the whole idea of taking any drugs, or just being able to swallow tablets. I might have got the wrong end of the stick!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: