Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I have this embarrassing ulcer....

(9 Posts)
itstings Fri 05-Aug-05 15:07:57

down below! I'm 27 weeks pg and have got an ulcer just on the opening of my vag (sorry, I know TMI) I can't see the nurse or doc til Monday, but have had it for about a week. It stings when I wee and obviously haven't been able to have sex.

I do suffer a lot with ulcers in my mouth, but never had one down there before. It can't be an STD as I've been with dp for 8 years, although I have been suffering from thrush of late.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on a) what has caused it and b) how to make it go away!

RedZuleika Sat 06-Aug-05 07:58:28

Absolutely no idea... Approximately what size is it? I know you say it can't be an STD, but the wart virus can lie dormant for years and then pop up if you're stressed or a bit run down. Just a thought (although that probably wouldn't sting). Also - I don't know about genital thrush, but I have heard that ulcers are one of the symptoms of oral thrush - so it might be related to that.

Not much help, I'm afraid...

Hattie05 Sat 06-Aug-05 08:00:57

I would go to the docs.

alexsmum Sat 06-Aug-05 09:04:53

i think if thrush gets bad it can ulcerate.get yourself to the docs.

HappyMumof2 Sat 06-Aug-05 10:29:56

Message withdrawn

marne Sat 06-Aug-05 10:41:03

I would get it checked out, but dont worry, i know a few people that have had these just due to being run down, im sure its just due to being pg, maybe a bit run down and having thrush, i wouldnt worry about it being a STD.

CHOCOLATEPEANUT Sun 07-Aug-05 17:36:28

Bathe it in warm salty water.If it was anywhere else on the body I would suggest applying a potice to draw it out but being where it is, very tricky.

lol at you saying you could not have sex.when i was pg it was the furthest thing from my mind (and dh)but then i was throwing up 24/7

itstings Sun 07-Aug-05 21:50:37

Oh thank you everyone. Thanks for making me feel less of a freak! Have got a appt at the docs tomorrow, not relishing the thought though, but def need it sorting! More embarrassed than anything else, I'll just pretend it's a smear! Thanks again

itstings Mon 08-Aug-05 12:07:48

Well just got back from the docs and they say I have a burst bartholin gland! Ouch! Never heard of it before, but can be common in pregnancy due to being more 'moist' down there. Just needs a course of anti-biotics to clear it up. Doctor was lovely and knew what it was straight away, was still embarrassing but not too bad - glad it's over with! Dp was more relieved than I was though, he'd been googling it on the web last night after I'd gone to bed and was convinced I'd got cancer - obviously didn't tell me til I got back! So, still stings but I am on the mend!

So thanks again everyone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now