Talk

Advanced search

2nd baby - when did you feel movement?

(8 Posts)
lulabelle Fri 05-Aug-05 10:19:10

I'm 20 wks on Sunday and as yet have not felt anything, had my checks and they're all fine. I can't remember when I felt 1st baby move but was told that it would be earlier 2nd time round, when would you be worried?

hamster Fri 05-Aug-05 10:40:46

I don't think you need to be worried. Your muscles are a lot slacker 2nd time round.
You'll soon be getting jabbed in the ribs!

As long as all was fine with the heart beat etc at your midwife appointment, then I wouldn't worry.
If you haven't seen her for a while, get an appointment, see her just to check things, or ring. That's what they're there for.

99redballoons Fri 05-Aug-05 13:44:18

Hi lulabelle, I'm currently 28wks on second pg. I thought I felt the odd movement from 17wks this pg (whereas 19wks with first), but I worried myself sick cos it was very intermittant, maybe once or twice a day and I was sure that now I could 'feel' baby I should be feeling something all the time. No no no. It wasn't until week 21 that I started to feel baby about 5-6 times a day and then by wk 23 it was upto the 10 times a day. So like you I was worried, but after my 21wk scan I realised it was all for nothing as baby was fine and of average size.

When is your anomoly scan? That's usually around 20-21wks. Otherwise when did you last hear the heartbeat and when are you next due to see the mw/gp? You can make an appt with them any time to listen if it's been a while. I'm sure in a few weeks you'll be wondering why you worried and wish you can have a break from the constant jabs! I know I would love a bit more sleep at night rather than being poked every time I shift!

HappyMumof2 Fri 05-Aug-05 13:59:18

Message withdrawn

Rachey1969 Fri 05-Aug-05 14:59:35

I've been paranoid about this one. I felt ds2 and dd by 16 weeks (ds1 by 18 wks) but this time I felt some movement much earlier (14wks?) then nothing but now I'm nearly 18 wks I'm feeling flutters again - I think it's the extra flab I'm carrying this time - not such a tight bump! If the midwife isn't worried about the heartbeat - don't you worry.

uwila Fri 05-Aug-05 15:09:16

I think they shouldn't print these things in baby books. Both of mine I felt kick WEEKS after the books said I should. When they print things like "oh and you make feel really excited when you first feel the baby kick -- possibly even this week" or some other rubbish it just get's all worried if you don't feel it. I would put a lot more faith in heartbeats heard and scans.

lulabelle Fri 05-Aug-05 15:28:51

Hi, I had a MW check last Thursday and all was fine, I have my scan on the 16th (I will be 21+3 then but they had no appointments for week 20). I don't know why I'm so worried, I have had the triple test and thats fine, my individual score was much better than the one for my age (27), I have got myself in such a state this time round, next week it will be something else!!

TigerLilly2005 Fri 05-Aug-05 15:33:01

my first i felt at about 20 weeks i think, i saw my Mw yesterday and she asked if i had felt anything and as of yet i have not i am 16 weeks now, i am not worried though i think everyone is different but i can not wait to feel movement.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now