Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Yawn!

(8 Posts)
ChaCha Mon 01-Aug-05 16:20:36

At almost 24 weeks pregnant I seem to have lost all 'get up and go'! I am sleeping most afternoons for a good 3-4 hours and wake up with little enthusiasm to do anything other than 'relax' - this means sitting at the PC, lazing around etc.. I do have good days where i get an awful lot done but then others where i can barely be bothered...It is my first week staying at home as i've just finished work for what might be a long time. Should i see my GP or do you think it's normal to be well..disfunctional one minute and okay the next?
Sorry to go on...

Janbo25 Mon 01-Aug-05 16:21:23

i think it is perfectly normal, them hormones have a lot to answer for!

hamster Mon 01-Aug-05 16:28:17

Hi Chacha,
recognise me from Due in Nov thread?
Well, I have the same problem, except an 11 month old. I am coming up to 27 weeks, and had hoped I'd feel a little more energetic and "blooming" at this stage!

I was tempted to go to the doctors, but I kept thinking-they will think I'm being melodramatic.
I still have this week and next week at work, and believe me I am counting the hours. I am praying that I will feel slightly better then.

I really don't know what we can do, except get early nights, eat properly, excercise(even if it means hoovering the stairs!) and getting a good few minutes a day to ourselves to read/pamper.

novadandypowder Mon 01-Aug-05 16:41:47

hmm - you've just summed up my life since i gave up work. I'm not worried by it any more, i'm just making the most of the fact that i can sleep for 3 hours in the afternoon, and that i don't have to do anything if i can't be bothered. In 3 months it will be a distant memory...

ChaCha Mon 01-Aug-05 16:47:57

Nova - eeeeek! Sitting shock faced at the PC...It's true isn't it? A distant memory in 3 months time, yikes!!!

Hamster - I haven't seen you on the Nov thread for a long time. Only 2 weeks to go eh? Congratulations! It's hitting me hard today that I have NO work, I am dreading the day that DH comes home and says 'so, what have you been doing all day?'

Yawn!

Janbo25 Mon 01-Aug-05 17:13:58

lol just relax and put your feet up

Redhelen Mon 01-Aug-05 17:30:54

I hope this will not worry you further - I started feeling knackered at 26 weeks - and I'm still the same at 35 weeks!! Found out I was anaemic and taking iron did make me better briefly - but I'm really slow and vague again!!!

Nemo1977 Mon 01-Aug-05 17:33:53

cha cha exactly the same here..nearly 21weeks and energy levels feel like they are being sapped. I am jealous of your 3hr sleeps though as i have a 21mths old who has decided in the past week he no longer needs naps..enough to drive me to tears but then thank god for tv cos i can catch a sly 30min doze while the wiggles are on...lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now