Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Stabbing pains through belly button

(7 Posts)
chloe55 Mon 01-Aug-05 11:03:11

Hi,
Has anyone else experienced any unusual stabbing pains through their belly button? I am 12 weeks pregnant and over the past few days I have had excruciating pains which last for about 2 seconds and they feel like someone has shoved a knitting needle right through my belly button! Please give me some advice if you can, I don't want to bother the doc as I know we all get weird aches and pains but just wanted to know if anyone else had felt them?

Nat777 Mon 01-Aug-05 11:08:21

I havent experienced this but do ring your Midwife/hospital and get your mind put at rest. It really is the best option.

I am 38 weeks today and have lost count of the amount of times I have phoned them or turned up at the maternity unit, no one has ever made me feel silly and they all say that it is best for you to ask rather than worry.

oops Tue 02-Aug-05 09:45:18

Message withdrawn

mummyhill Tue 02-Aug-05 10:42:35

I agree with the rest i am 35 weeks with my second, never had anything like you are explaining. Please get it checked out it is better to go and ask than to ignore it.

dyzzidi Tue 02-Aug-05 12:13:52

I have had quite a few belly button pains I'm 18 wks. Mine are due to all the scar tissue from 5 previous laproscopies. You must get this checked with your midwife as soon as possible. Even after all my history the midwife was unsure what it was (until I shown her the external scars) and seemed concerned

chloe55 Tue 02-Aug-05 16:45:14

I have had a laproscopy in the past because of endometriosis, like you guys say though I am best off ringing the midwife - the pains seem to have gone now though, I haven't had any since my last post but I will still let the midwife know. Thanks for the advice.

kid Tue 02-Aug-05 17:01:11

I'm not pregnant but I did have sharp pains in my belly button (when I went to the toilet), it turned out to be a urine infection.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: