Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

what is the possibility of me being preggers?

(5 Posts)
KemalsStilletto Sat 30-Jul-05 19:33:14

My current dp and I have been together a few weeks now. We met at college 5 yrs ago and had a very loving relationship for a few years, but after I left college and started work we started having arguments and eventually drifted apart and lost touch until recently we bumped into each other in town and started seeing each other again.

Last week was the 1st time we had sex since seeing each other again and the condom split and we didn't realise until we had finished making love, and so there is a possibility I could be pregnant.

Since having the contraceptive impant taken out back in January, I only had 1 or 2 periods and they were about a month after it was taken out. Since then - nothing. My period would usually be on or around the 20th of each month, I think.

With my ex dp, we were trying for a baby, and I thought I may be pregnant, but after about a month and 5 pregnancy tests, which were all negative and also a negative from the doctor, it was obviously a bfn!!!

I don't know what my question is really, but maybe what is my possibility of being pregnant out of say ten?

I did conceive when I was 18, but had an abortion.

Its just the waiting to be able to find out if I am or not, I guess is the problem.

Although dp and I have only been back together a few weeks, and I am having a few problems with him (men, eh?!) I would definately keep the baby and be the best mummy I can, and although it's a little selfish maybe, I do want a child right now and would obviously do the best I can if I was to be a single mum.

Louise1980 Sat 30-Jul-05 19:34:59

yes very possible. I have my split condom child in bed now! Hes 3 and very real!!!

I also took the morning after pill, not to scare you though!

nervousmum2be Sat 30-Jul-05 19:39:32

Definitely possible - i had very similar circumstances, and i'm now currently 30 weeks pregnant with a little boy

KemalsStilletto Sat 30-Jul-05 19:47:56

oooohhh, lol louise1980, i'm not scared, i'm feeling very broody right now. Caught myself looking at all the baby clothes in asda today!

Congrats on your pregnancy nervousmum2be! I hope everything goes smoothly and you have a gorgeous baby!

nervousmum2be Sat 30-Jul-05 20:02:47

Thanks KS. Good luck for you too - i hope you get the outcome you want. Although mine was a huge shock when we first found out (i too had only been with DP for a short time), we're both over the moon and planning on getting married once Baby is born. Some things are just meant to be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now