Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

35+4 with period like pains

(10 Posts)
forevermore Thu 28-Jul-05 20:01:57

has anyone experienced period like pains in lower back and lower abdomen lasting for about 20 seconds.............not sure if painful braxton hicks or not...not mean't to be painful though are they....not crying out, but still very painful...help please....could i be in early labour?

not sure since 1st baby! been like this all day, not sure of intervals though but been around 10 th time so far.

Fran1 Thu 28-Jul-05 20:04:40

Could be either. if Braxton hicks they will stop. If the real thing you'll know about it in time
You're not that far off due date are you.

If they persist give your maternity ward a call for some reassuring words.

Good luck!!

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 28-Jul-05 20:06:10

Have a hot bath, and if they ease off its BH...... hope it is labour for you though!!!

forevermore Thu 28-Jul-05 20:07:26

would it be too ealry for a safe delivery if it was labour????

do babies have problems at 35+4????

Tipex Thu 28-Jul-05 20:08:02

forevermore dont worry, 36 weeks is consider term just about so baby will be fine

spidermama Thu 28-Jul-05 20:09:34

I used to have round ligament pain down in that area. Also a chance baby's head is settling into the pelvic outlet.

I usually do quite a lot of gentle walking around at the end of pregnancy to help with positioning and keep my pelvic area well oiled. (Yuk that sounds horrible. You know what I mean though)

Either way, you're nearly there girl!

All the best to you. x

Mirage Thu 28-Jul-05 20:31:30

I had these with my 2nd baby at almost exactly the same no of weeks.A hot bath sorted them out & dd2 stayed put for another couple of weeks.

Good luck with everything!

forevermore Thu 28-Jul-05 22:45:04

had hot bath still getting period like pains and low back pain in waves lasting 20 seconds...not much but still worried.

I am on insulin for gestational diabetes so not sure if i should be exra careful about going into labour????

Nbg Thu 28-Jul-05 22:48:58

If your concerned give your midwife a call. Even if it's ok it will give you some reassurance.

MrsWednesday Thu 28-Jul-05 23:08:19

Hope things are settling down for you now. I had period pains about the same point in my pregnancy and it turned out that the baby's head was engaging, so perhaps it's just that.

Perhaps it would be worth speaking to your midwife in the morning just to see what she thinks.

Take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now