Talk

Advanced search

30 wks: terrible B.Hicks and shaking in the night

(7 Posts)
morningpaper Thu 28-Jul-05 07:58:10

Morning,

At about 2am this morning I woke up with the most horrendous Braxton Hicks contraction, it lasted for about 2-3 minutes (had to get out of bed and rock on the floor) and afterwards I was shaking uncontrollably for about 15 minutes. I then had diaohorea (must learn to spell that).

It was f9cking terrible but I'm worried that if I ring the midwife I'm be stuck on monitors for a couple of days. Baby seems fine today, normal movement etc.

What should I do, if anything? DH is away for another two nights and I've got a 2 year old.

WideWebWitch Thu 28-Jul-05 07:59:43

Gosh don't know but hope someone knowledgeable sees this. Poor you, sounds horrible.

Moomin Thu 28-Jul-05 08:08:43

think you ought to ask for a home visit from the mw if you can. Explain you have your 2yo and dh is away. Poor you; hope you're feeling better this am. Take it easy x

dejags Thu 28-Jul-05 08:11:45

Agree with Moomin. Your midwife should come and see you, check BP, baby's heartrate etc. Hopefully this will put your mind at ease.

Have you been overdoing it on your own?

bubbles2904 Thu 28-Jul-05 08:22:44

i had this about 4 weeks ago also. they were real contractions though. thought i was over reacting butdecided to get checked out just in case. it turns out i had a water infection and they can cause contractions. was on monitor for about 1 hour and all was well. i would definetly get checked though for peace of mind. i'm 34&5 today

morningpaper Thu 28-Jul-05 14:14:07

Rang midwife and no one was on duty but they sent me to the labour ward and checked me over. They think I have a mild gastric virus which caused some contractions, but I'm basically ok. Did lots of checks and baby is fine!

Thanks for all your advice! It was weird being on the labour ward but they were all lovely which was reassuring!

Joseyjo Fri 29-Jul-05 19:23:45

morningpaper - i was so reassured to read this thread!!
i think (retrospectively) that i actually had digestive issues, but i had horrid bh all evening (including all the way through my nct class!) and then when i went to bed they got worse and my heart rate went sky high and i had the wierdest sensation that my face was swelling up! baby was also going mental. i was CONVINCED i was in labour, but obviously i wasn't. i eventually went to sleep and woke up this morning to a calm stomach and a calm baby.
given that i am only 30 weeks - labour would have been quite bad, especially as i am supposed to be having a planned c-section at 38 weeks...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now