Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Am I bonkers??

(5 Posts)
AnotherHelen Wed 27-Jul-05 11:43:59

I'd like to think im not alone in this matter but i have a funny feeling i am! this is my third pregnancy, and every pregnancy i have had the same problem, i pull my eyelashes out! i have to laugh when i hear myself say that as i know how mad it sounds and believe me it is pretty mad! i really cant help myself and i now when im doing it but i cant stop myself! i sometimes pull almost ALL of them out! i do do it VERY occasionally when im not pregnant but its nowhere near as extreme as when im pregnant! i have quite thick and long eyelashes usually so the fact that i have loads missing just makes it look worse! has anyone ever heard of this or have any idea what my problem might be? it really annoys me when i see myself in the mirror and i realise the extent of the damage ive just done! and they take about 6 weeks to grow back! i shouldnt laugh as im sure its not normal, but i think i'd cry otherwise!!
Helen xxxxxxx

starlover Wed 27-Jul-05 11:45:15

it sounds like a form of trichotillomania (sp?) which is where people pull their hair out.... maybe the pg hormones etc just make you more susceptible

AnotherHelen Wed 27-Jul-05 11:58:41

Really! wow ive never heard of that! thanks starlover! my dp thinks im loosing the plot! i will have to look that up!

starlover Wed 27-Jul-05 13:46:41

yeah i think it's reasonably common.. you're not bonkers!
you can join my club if you want... i started it for lip-pickers... but eyelash puller-outers are also welcome!!!

AnotherHelen Thu 28-Jul-05 09:45:55

LOL!! thanks starlover!! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now