Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I dont have periods

(7 Posts)
LolliSweetiepie Tue 26-Jul-05 14:02:27

I had the implant contraceptive and came off it in January of this year. Since then I had a period about 3 weeks after it was taken out, and then another a week later, but since then, nothing! Am I still fertile and can I concieve without my monthly cycle?

HappyHuggy Tue 26-Jul-05 14:08:28

Hiya

I never have periods had one or two when i was 16 but not since, but i have 2 children - dont know the medical stuff behind it though

LolliSweetiepie Tue 26-Jul-05 14:12:14

Ohhhh HappyHuggy! So there is hope then! Lovely that you have 2 children! Was u worried that u didnt have periods?

suzi2 Tue 26-Jul-05 14:30:45

Hiya - have you spoken to your GP? Is it normal not to have periods after coming off the implant? Perhaps the best thing would be to discuss trying to concieve with your GP. It may also be worth trying out an ovulation prediction kit or looking for your bodies natural signs that you are fertile.

Chuffed Tue 26-Jul-05 14:39:50

Read the book by Toni Weschler recommended on the other thread. I went 5mths with no period then suddenly conceived dd we tried for the full 5mths.
This time round I had 2periods in the 13mths since dd was born and had some accupuncture to try to sort my system out.
Reading the natural signs can be really useful though and it is amazing how much you learn about yourself by reading that book.

HappyHuggy Tue 26-Jul-05 14:54:50

yep, i worried that i wouldnt be able to have kids - it used to bug me all the time but then i got pregnant.

Took about 12 months with the first though and the same amount of time with the sencond xxx

Rachey1969 Tue 26-Jul-05 15:21:35

I conceived after a year with a mirena coil. I had it taken out and conceived before I had a period so you never know when it will happen! Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now