Talk

Advanced search

When did you start yo show?

(11 Posts)
marne Tue 26-Jul-05 13:22:48

dh and i want to keep this pregnancy from my step kids for as long as we can but how long will it be till they will notice, when will i start to show enough for a 12 year old to notice?

Iklboo Tue 26-Jul-05 13:26:35

I started showing properly at about 17 weeks or so. Now 25+ and look like an oompa loompa that's swallowed a beach ball

serenity Tue 26-Jul-05 13:29:22

It will depend on your build really. I started getting a tummy from about 8 weeks with all of mine, but because I'm overweight anyway it didn't always click with people that it was baby rather than belly until I was quite far down the road. I noticed that a slim built Mum at my school was pregnant when she was 9 weeks, but missed another equally slim one until she was 4 months, and then only because we went out and she wore something quite tight!

12 year olds can be quite self absorbed though, so it might be a while.

fastasleep Tue 26-Jul-05 13:32:16

I showed almost instantly, it just depends on your shape and your bump...as every bump os different...they're usually passable as 'extra flab' for about 16 weeks...

I look like a beachballed oompa loompa too! Do da dee doo!

marne Tue 26-Jul-05 13:34:50

Thankyou, hopfully it will be a while as i have lost weight due to morning sickness, wanted to keep it quite until at least 20 wks.

homemama Tue 26-Jul-05 13:37:14

I couldn't do my trousers up at 13wks, this was despite being sick as a dog and eating barely anything for the previous 7wks.
Despite this, the 10year olds at school didn't notice till their mums told them when I was about 41/2mths.
Good luck with the pg!

fastasleep Tue 26-Jul-05 13:37:38

I had terrible morning sickness last time all the way through.. was deffo shownig by 20 week scan though! Hope you can keep yours under wraps xx

marne Tue 26-Jul-05 13:46:13

thanx fastasleep, it caused a bit of trouble last time with the 12 year old boy and dh ex wife so the longer we can leeve it the beter.

matthewsmummy Tue 26-Jul-05 13:58:05

i never started to show until i was around 5 mths, i had lots of sicknees so i lost lots of weight and then started putting it back on towards the end

chloe55 Tue 26-Jul-05 14:14:15

I am 11 weeks and am already showing, I seem to have popped this last week but if I wear baggy tshirts nobody can tell, you will just have to be cunning with what you wear if you start showing before you want to tell. My friends found out before I started showing simply by me not drinking/smoking and refusing certain foods so be extra careful, sometimes you don't realise you are being obviously pregnant!

suzi2 Tue 26-Jul-05 14:28:14

I started to show at about 17/18 weeks. But I could have easily hid it longer - it just looked like I had eaten too much. By 22wks it was obvious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now