Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy/Childbirth exercise videos - worth it?

(2 Posts)
MrsFogi Mon 25-Jul-05 21:56:07

I've made the mistake of buying a pregnancy magazine and am now thinking of all sorts of things I never knew I needed! Has anyone tried any of the yoga/pilates/exercise for pregnancy and/or childbirth videos - are any of them worth buying?

RedZuleika Tue 26-Jul-05 09:32:54

I have a Shiva Rea yoga DVD , which has the advantage of being one of the only ones on the market (at least as far as I could see) which could be done from the first trimester: there are three women and you follow the right one for your trimester.

Having done yoga on and off for about ten years, I found it to be not as taxing as it might be (but then, it is for pregnancy...) but I have found it to be quite useful for sacro-iliac pain / general grumpiness in my pelvis. (And cheaper than the osteopath!) The other thing I like about yoga generally is that it makes you breathe properly for the duration of the session - I'm guilty of very shallow breathing, then finding myself out of breath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now