Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Shows - how soon can you expect things to kick off?

(11 Posts)
fells Mon 25-Jul-05 13:08:35

I'm 41 weeks today and all last night and this morning I have experienced period type cramps. They last about 1 minute and at one point they were every 10 to 15 mins. I managed to fall asleep eventually but each time I got a cramp I woke up. Had sex a couple of hours ago (after eating half a pineapple!) and just been to the loo and think i have had a show. I always imagined the shown to be cork-shaped and the consistency of jelly cubes before they are cooked (!) but this was some thickish but clear discharge with a bit of blood in it. There was also some light blood in the loo. Sorry about the graphic descriptions! Could this have been a result of having sex (it was very gentle and didn't happen last week when we had sex!) or could it have been a show? If it is is there any point in getting excited or could it still be days before delivery?

In this last 24 hours I must have been to the toilet about 7 times for a number two too.

suzi2 Mon 25-Jul-05 17:52:31

I wrote a message last week about shows... I think what you (and I) had is a show. But it doesn't necessarily mean everything will kick off soon. Mine was after sex too - perhaps that just loosens things?

I hope it is the start of things for you.

KristinaM Mon 25-Jul-05 17:56:57

I was late too and tried everything I could think of to get things started, without success . I had a show like yours but nothing came of it IYSWIM - I dont think its the result of having sex.
Lots of poos is supposed to be one of the signs of impending labour though........

flamesparrow Mon 25-Jul-05 17:58:31

Milk of magnesia... enough for a laxative effect. Seemed to set me off, and cleared any worries of pooing during labour

BarefootMama Mon 25-Jul-05 18:00:04

I think this is it!

sansouci Mon 25-Jul-05 18:19:10

well? anything happening?

bonym Mon 25-Jul-05 18:22:33

I went into labour 3 hours after having a show and dd2 was born 6 hours later .

With dd1 - I spent 20 mins on the loo with the "runs" and labour started immediately afterwards - she was also born 6 hours later.

Reckon you'll be well on your way by now. Good luck .

babyonboard Mon 25-Jul-05 18:28:04

yes..I've been told to expect an emptying of the bowels as a sure sign of imminent labour..good luck..
(and i'm guessing as she hasnt responded to the thread the tiny tot could be on its way...)

kama Mon 25-Jul-05 18:29:03

Message withdrawn

sansouci Mon 25-Jul-05 18:33:06

good luck, fells!

fells Mon 25-Jul-05 18:42:00

Still at home wondering what is going on! Yes, suzi2 I wondered if sex had just loosened things up a bit. Just been for a long walk. Discharge now a bit more of a browny colour. Still having cramps but not as often, have a bit of back ache and dragging sensation in upper thighs. Generally feel quite stiff and achey. I'm seeing midwife tomorrow for a sweep so I'm sure she'll be able to tell me if things are underway! Hopefully I won't need the sweep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now