Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnant again! - I'm happy, but DH not!

(138 Posts)
baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:35:18

Hi! I haven't been on for a while but I need somebody to chat to who is impartial!

I've just found out I'm pregnant with #4. I'm happy but my DH isn't. Not really sure what to do. I does love me, I know that and he has told me. That is why this is so hard for him. I feel as though I've got to keep any symptoms quiet (just starting to get a bit of morning sickness)so its not in his face. I know he'll come round in the end, but I need some friendly words from somebody.

LittleMissNaughty Mon 25-Jul-05 08:36:30

Congratulations Baggybear! That's great news.

Sorry that your dh is not so happy but I'm sure once he's over the shock, he'll be as over the moon as you.

Have you told anyone else close to you?

bubbles2904 Mon 25-Jul-05 08:39:31

good morning, i'm sure everything will work out ok, he'll come around i'm sure. my dp wasn't exactly chuffed when we found out we were expecting but not, i'm 34&2 and he's always touching my belly and talking to the bump. maybe he just needs some time to get his head around it. congrats by the way. how far are you?

bubbles2904 Mon 25-Jul-05 08:39:36

good morning, i'm sure everything will work out ok, he'll come around i'm sure. my dp wasn't exactly chuffed when we found out we were expecting but not, i'm 34&2 and he's always touching my belly and talking to the bump. maybe he just needs some time to get his head around it. congrats by the way. how far are you?

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:40:48

I've only told 2 very close friends because when I suspected, I had to talk to somebody. Haven't told Parents yet, although I know they will be happy, too.

I really feel for DH, I can understand what he must be feeling. But I see this as a blessing, all be it a shocking one!

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:40:58

I've only told 2 very close friends because when I suspected, I had to talk to somebody. Haven't told Parents yet, although I know they will be happy, too.

I really feel for DH, I can understand what he must be feeling. But I see this as a blessing, all be it a shocking one!

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:41:00

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 08:41:14

Hi baggybear!
OMG, pregnant again?!
How far gone?
Dh really didn't want anymore did he?
Are you ok?

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:41:28

whoops sorry bout that - computer on a go slow and press button too many times

LittleMissNaughty Mon 25-Jul-05 08:48:52

That's good you've got your friends to talk to. You can moan about the morning sickness etc... to them while your dh comes round to the idea. Obviously, talking about it on MN will help too.

How do you feel about having no. 4?

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:49:28

blueted, is that who i think it is????????

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:49:28

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:49:35

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:49:47

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:49:58

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 08:51:20

Yes it's me!
Don't worry I won't say anything!

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:53:37

Sorry boutt repeated messages, ladies. My computer is really slow this morning and I keep clicking the post button coz I think its frozen!

I feel fine bout having #4. I already have 3 beatiful boys (6, 5 on wednesday, and just 2)and I really don't care if this one is a boy or a girl. I am just so happy to be given the gift of a big family.

I am 5 week gone so VERY early stages, that is why this is all a bit scary still.

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 08:54:59

I am sure dh will come round, he wasn't happy about #3 at first was he?
How did he react when you told him?

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 08:55:39

My pc isn't playing ball this morning either!

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 08:59:39

Blueted - I told him I was late but didn't think i was preg coz had done a test and was negative. But i was sure i hadn't done it right. did another and there was a very faint line, so warned him. Spoke to midwife friend and she said I probably was but to test again in 2 weeks. Couldn't wait and DH wanted to know for sure, so did another test yesterday and there it was - big pink line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dh was gobsmacked to say least

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 09:01:33

Oh dear!
What contraception were you using?

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 09:02:43

Slightly off subject for a sec!
Ds1 will be at your ds2's party on Wednesday!

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 09:08:07

very pleased your ds1 will be at my ds2 party. will ring you to discuss getting there.

Going to back to the matter in hand, the problem is, we didn't use anything. Now, I know all you ladies will now be saying "well, what did he expect" and I agree. But, There is a story behind that subject. Without being too graphic, my periods are as regular as clockwork, 28 days on the button. I know I ovulate between 10 and 14 days as I have all those "signs" us girls experience. So, when it came to day 19, and in the heat of the moment, I was 100% sure I wouldn't fall pregnant - scouts honour!!!

blueteddy Mon 25-Jul-05 09:14:43

Ohps! Long cycle that month then?!
I bet he is in shock!

baggybear Mon 25-Jul-05 09:18:14

You bet he is. I feel he would appreciate me taking hte blame for this, but at the end of the day he is 50% to blame. He should be more strongminded!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: