Talk

Advanced search

Is this a show? TMI...

(8 Posts)
suzi2 Fri 22-Jul-05 22:09:28

I'm confused...

I've had no 'extra' discharge this pregnancy - I'm now 38wks. On Saturday past I had a little blob of yellow discharge - sort of like silly putty or egg yolk. The same happened on Monday. On Tues night DH and I had sex. I woke at 5am thinking my waters had gone but was told by the midwife it was increased discharge. I had a fair bit of raw egg white discharge on Weds with some tiny hair width blood marbling in it. Thursday I had a tiny blob of clear/brown tinted discharge...

In between all of this my usual discharge has gone back to normal - white and creamy.

The thing is, my midwife has said that all this isn't a show. But some of my friends think it is! Any advice? Is labour about to start? Or is it just that sex loosened something and really things aren't about to kick off?

Sus, x

Miaou Fri 22-Jul-05 22:16:34

AFAIK you can lose part of your "plug" over time and I think it can replace itself too. It could mean things could happen soon but, anecdotally, I know people who have lost theirs over a period of a week or more but then not gone into labour for another two weeks.

However bear in mind I am not speaking from experience as I never had a show with either of my first two!

BTW - nice to see you again - was thinking about you just the other day!

Feffi Fri 22-Jul-05 22:19:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Flossam Fri 22-Jul-05 22:20:52

I had a few shows, from about 36.5 weeks maybe? Was doubting they were really shows as too early, but my lovely DS arrived at 37 and 6, so I was very lucky. My shows were just an increased amount of blobby (sorry) discharge. HTH.

suzi2 Fri 22-Jul-05 22:21:43

Thanks guys - so the concensus is that it is probably a show but doesn't necessarily mean anything!

Hi Miaou - how are things with you? When are/were you due?

Sus, x

Miaou Fri 22-Jul-05 22:24:50

Hiya sus - doing pretty well, due on 31st! Still disgustingly healthy and active, particularly now that the head is engaged!

mummytosteven Fri 22-Jul-05 22:25:59

agree with other people that even a show doesn't necessarily mean more than it will be another couple of weeks till your big day. I didn't have mine until I was well into established labour with DS!

bubbles2904 Sat 23-Jul-05 06:24:23

i had a show with dd, even took the tissue to the labour ward with me LOL the mw looked totally grossed out. it happened at around 11:25 am and i had dd at 20:26. thats the only experience i have ever had though as my nieces and nephews were all sections. sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now