Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling feint...

(13 Posts)
lulabelle Thu 21-Jul-05 16:35:03

Has anyone else experienced this? I went out today feeling fine during my lunch hour, popped to a few shops before calling into the sandwich bar for lunch, I stood waiting in the queue and suddenly felt very feint, when this starts I know that within 2-3 minutes I will feint as my vision starts to black out and I feel very sick. My blood pressure is fine and I'm not anaemic, I had the same in previous pregnancy, does anyone know the cause or cure for this?

Kiwifruit Thu 21-Jul-05 16:37:11

Maybe low blood sugar? How long had it been since you last ate?

starlover Thu 21-Jul-05 16:37:36

i got this a lot in my pg... but don't know any cause or cure i'm afraid!

Papillon Thu 21-Jul-05 16:39:12

quite normal - no cure just pace yourself

I find not standing up to fast and good deep breaths helps

lulabelle Thu 21-Jul-05 16:40:37

I had eaten breakfast this morning about 8.00 and this happened around 12.00 today, it can happen anytime, I'm a bit of a chocoholic and had also had chocolate biscuits mid-morning. Its just scary how quickly it happens, I worry that it will happen when I'm out with DS1 and I will feint and he will be there wondering whats going on!! I have already had to stop doing the shopping and anything which involves me queueing for more than 1 minute, funny thing is it only happens when I stand still?

GeorginaA Thu 21-Jul-05 16:42:04

I got this both pregnancies about the same stage in the pregnancy - low blood sugar (and potentially low blood pressure I think too?) was the main cause and I soon learned to keep a pack of glucose sweets with me at all times.

However, in my second pregnancy it was far worse than the first and never really wore off. Did curtail most of my trips to closer to home as I found that standing on my feet too long (say walking around the shops) used to trigger the faint feelings Didn't like driving around much either just in case (I had to get dh out to pick me up from ds1's tumbletots class once as I'd almost fainted and gone a nice shade of grey while I was there - didn't trust myself to drive back).

GeorginaA Thu 21-Jul-05 16:42:45

Oh, being too hot was also a trigger for me.

lulabelle Thu 21-Jul-05 16:44:28

Maybe it was the heat today, walking round was nice as there was a breeze but maybe the chaos of the sandwich bar bought it on? I keep glucose sweets as they have helped with the sickness (still here at nearly 18 weeks!).

expatinscotland Thu 21-Jul-05 16:45:45

It happens to me a LOT when the temp rises above, say 23 degrees. I have to really, really take it easy.

AnotherHelen Thu 21-Jul-05 17:08:33

Ooh i get this all the time! - and like you say i seem to get it mainly when i just stand still, i had it bad the other day when i was cooking tea, i was desperatley trying to take big breaths and slow down abit but it doesnt seem like theres alot you can do to stop them once there coming on i tend to try and sit with my head down - seems to work a little! this is my third pregnancy and i have had it all the way through all three!! it must be just a combination of pregnancy 'things' - not nice though especially when out and about!

FIMAC1 Thu 21-Jul-05 17:44:53

My friend has recently had this with her pg - it was Dehydration!

Drink more - drink lots - honestly, worked for her Good luck and don't forget to drink

jessicaandbumpsmummy Thu 21-Jul-05 17:47:07

my first thought was anemia as i have felt like this the last 2 days and ended up on the assesment ward today - bloods show anemia!

hope ur ok xxx

mummyhill Thu 21-Jul-05 18:17:43

I had something similar and it turned out to be vertigo bought on by an inner ear infection.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now